Hey Guys I was wondering if there was a way to restore the Storm back to default like it came fresh from the Verizon Store when you first get it??? Let me know!! Also i know this is not the Curve section but if someone could tell me how to do it for the Curve as well I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

BigO
    11-23-08 05:36 PM
    You want to WIPE your handheld. It should be the same for both devices.

Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> click the menu button (the one with the BB logo on it) and select Wipe Handheld.
    11-23-08 05:43 PM
    ok so this will restore all setting back to defualt?? as well as delete anything on the media card, contact, pics etc?
    11-23-08 05:46 PM
    The media card will not wipe, but the user settings/config/data will wipe off the phone. Just format the media card to wipe that.
    11-23-08 05:48 PM
    ok thanks guys!
    11-23-08 05:50 PM
    Hey Also should i do a wipe first then format the meida card or visa versa?? Or does it not matter??

Thanks
    11-23-08 06:02 PM
    Doesn't matter.
    11-23-08 06:03 PM
    what did you do ? lol
    11-23-08 06:06 PM
    sounds like someone is selling their Storm on eBay for a nice $400 premium..

i'll give ya $199..
    11-23-08 06:14 PM
    You want to WIPE your handheld. It should be the same for both devices.

Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> click the menu button (the one with the BB logo on it) and select Wipe Handheld.
    Perfect timing, I was just getting ready to check to see how to wipe my Curve since its selling on eBay right now and auction ends tomorrow night.
    11-23-08 06:15 PM
    LOL nah, I was thinking of doing that but I like my Storm, If i can get a hold of 10 more then i might do that haha. But I did a blackberry from blackberry transfer and it xfered all my messages and e-mail which i didn't want. As well as some other things. So i wanted to start a with a fresh clean phone. So now all i did was clean it all up and just synchronize with my Microsoft Outlook contacts only.
    11-23-08 06:19 PM
    Now i got to figure out how to get some contacts from a razor.... anyone know of a third party app that can do this??

Thanks
    11-23-08 06:20 PM
    I updated my storm to the .75 OS without issue. 24 hours later my end and blackberry keys ceased working. So Verizon is sending me a new device but I am afraid that they will void the warranty if the .75 OS is installed on the returned device. Any idea how to wipe the OS without use of the Blackberry key?
    12-02-08 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD