I have a blackberry storm that i recently got from my mother. I already have the storm but mine is pretty worn and my mother was able to get me an almost new one from her work. the problem that i am having is that she works for the government so the phone she gave me had a password on it. i know the password but i cant get the info(numbers) transferred from my old phone to my new one unless i take the password off. The people at verizon couldnt even get the password off. I would like to know if there is a way i just restore my phone back to factory settings with no passwords or anything.. right now i think its running on some sort of company settings so it wont let me do anything like take the password off. it tells me to consult my company administrator. So is there any way a can just put it back to personal use factory settings? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Carl
    03-03-10 11:13 PM
    Options>Security Options>Security Wipe....wipes the phone back to new.
    03-03-10 11:15 PM
    Options>Security Options>Security Wipe....wipes the phone back to new.
    i tried that but it still requires the password. and when i go to options and select the password options, where i should be able to disable the password there is a little lock symbol next to the word "enabled". it wont let me change it to disabled.. it just pulls up a menu that says change password, save and full menu. i dont know whats up with it.
    03-04-10 03:33 AM
    Sounds like you need to remove an IT Policy.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...e-policy-34665
    03-04-10 07:27 AM
    thanks but that doesnt list the storm as one of the supported device's..
    will it still work for the storm?
    03-06-10 04:31 AM
    have you tried to restore it on bb manager?
    03-07-10 08:42 PM
    How to Remove an IT Policy with Command Promt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD