To all with random restarts..
    I was at a restaurant with zero signal. After a few minutes or so, my Storm rebooted. My girlfriend looked at hers and it too was rebooting. After a few minutes, they booted and searched for a signal. They then both rebooted again..yes both of them, all on their own. We let it happen a third time and then shut the radio off to prevent it. My point here is it seems the reboot issue is not hardware, but actually software related, when it can not find a signal for some predetermined time. This is one bad bug and happened on both phones running .75 OS. One made in Canada and one in Mexico. One with a few apps (QuickPull, VibandRing, Nintaii) and the other with no apps added.
    01-14-09 07:12 AM
    Come to think of it that was my experience, too. And after that experience even it doesn't reboot you can get the Sim Card Rejected notice, have to shut off and restart to clear it.
    01-14-09 07:18 AM
    Come to think of it that was my experience, too. And after that experience even it doesn't reboot you can get the Sim Card Rejected notice, have to shut off and restart to clear it.
    I think you can get rid of the SIM card rejected message by going to Options -> Mobile Network -> Network Technology and set it to 1XEV. I had it come up once but after making that change, I haven't seen it. This might fix your reboot issue because mine never reboots on its own (it does freeze occasionally though still).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 07:23 AM
    Already on 1XEV. FWIW.
    01-14-09 07:58 AM
    zoomzoom, i just made those changes. If you helped me stop my random reboots, you will officially be my best friend!!!! LOLOLOL!
    01-14-09 08:33 AM
    Just take the sim card out. That'll fix any "sim card rejected" errors you get.
    01-14-09 08:39 AM
    this makes sense. I already changed my network settings. But my phone doesn't reset often, but when I'm in my second office, it resets CONTINUOUSLY. I thought it was a phone problem and got it replaced, but my new one does the exact same thing.
    I don't touch it, it just resets over, and over, and over, and over.....ugh.
    01-14-09 10:01 AM
    This is not necessarily true. My new one restarted 3 times yesterday. Once while I was talking on the phone with a few bars of service.
    01-14-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD