I actually have felt compelled to register here and respond to some of the negative reviews on the Storm. Comparisons to iPhone are fair, and the point I will make of this is that the iPhone is more user friendly, but I'm glad that when I put my Storm in my pocket it doesn't call half of my phonebook.
    I got the Storm the day it came out, it took me until 7 pm to get it(someone reserved one and canceled it, so I got lucky.) Earlier that day I spent some time getting used to typing and checking out the camera. First of all, the quality of the camera is fantastic.
    Anyhow, it seems to me many of the negative reviews are coming from people who don't spend much time actually learning to use the phone. For example, changing Suretype to multitap has made it a lot easier for me to use when in portrait mode. I'm going to go ahead and point out every single problem I've had with the phone below:
    - Switching from portrait to landscape is slow(5-10 seconds) about 50% of the time
    - General lagging. The phone responds quickly about 60% of the time, but occasionally it has some irritating lag
    - The phone has frozen ONE time, I took out the battery and put it back in, the phone restarted, and no problem like that since then. This happened on Saturday, so I've done well since then
    - Web pages loading slowly when I don't have many bars(completely expected, and I know 3g won't be as fast as wifi, this is more of an observation than a complaint since I knew it would happen)
    - When using Viigo, after going back a screen, the screen goes halfway back, so I just scroll on the screen and it goes back immediately. A minor annoyance mainly because at first I thought it was frozen, mainly a glitch I guess

Other than these, the main complaint is with typing. I am typing perfectly, I make typos as frequently or less frequently than I have with previous phones(no BB before, but with various LG phones and MOTO RAZR.) Which reminds me, this phone is still significantly faster than my RAZR was!

The only thing I want to know is if with a new OS will there be less lagging?

All in all I'm very happy with the phone and haven't been able to put it down.
    11-27-08 03:30 PM
    The new OS should really help with lagging. Have you owned a bb previously?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:37 PM
    I'm hoping it helps with the lag because that's the only issue I'm really having with it. I haven't owned a BB before. I wanted to get the Curve last Spring but I wasn't eligible for upgrade and didn't want to pay the full retail.
    11-27-08 03:51 PM
    I don't lag at all ever. Maybe if I had 10 apps open or something but never tried it.

My phone has never froze.

Viigo is a software issue on their end.

Check your memory usage over time, maybe your phone needs a reset. That's the only thing I have noticed is that apps seem to leak memory because I can never get back to the total I have after a reset without doing a reset.
    Last edited by Deathpoint; 11-27-08 at 04:14 PM.
    11-27-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD