So...since way back in the day when I first got my Storm (.75) I've been using Meterberry to schedule daily device resets.

I've been through a few different OS versions (75-->122-->148-->151) and just kept doing the daily resets even though memory management seems to have improved each step of the way. In fact, I'm pretty sure I probably don't *need* to do a daily reset at all anymore, given the fact that .151 seems to have put an end to the dreaded memory leaks that forced my start resetting my device everyday in the first place.

Here's my 3 part question, just to get a consensus:

1. How many of you still do daily reset (automatic or manual)?
    2. How many are running without scheduled resets (and if so, on what OS and how is the performance)?
    3. And lastly, is it possible that resetting my device daily does more harm than good and I should stop because it isn't really necessary anymore (or it is harmless)?

Frankly, I'd prefer to be able to schedule, say, a "weekly" reset, but that's not an option.
    08-12-09 04:22 PM
    1: I manually do it every other day... there is still some kind of lag after a while. (although, the lag usually arrives after i install an app)
    2.see above
    3.Resetting your device is good. (blackberries are little computers) it keeps them happy and makes it so the bberries won't revolt into a disgruntled smartphone mob with laggy torches and pitchforks (you get the idea)
    08-12-09 04:41 PM
    Yeah, I figure I'll just stick with what works, guess I was just wondering if there was any good reason to NOT reset the device.
    08-12-09 06:50 PM
    I was just wondering if there was any good reason to NOT reset the device.
    I've never heard one.

Mine is set to reset every morning just before the alarm goes off.
    08-12-09 07:39 PM
    I have it reset everyday. Just never changed it from what I always have had.
    08-12-09 07:57 PM
    i never reset...no lacking performance - im on .151 btw
    08-12-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD