I have multiple e-mail accounts set up on my Blackberry (BIS) so that I can send e-mails from different accounts when they fit the e-mail (school, work, personal, etc).

So that I can take advantage of push e-mail, I have my various e-mails forwarded to my GMail account. If I receive an e-mail from work, it is pushed courtesy of GMail, but then I can only reply to that e-mail from my GMail address. GMail is the only available choice in the dropdown menu at the top of the e-mail. (When I write an e-mail without replying I have all of my accounts listed)

Is there any way to set up the accounts so that I can reply from any account, not just the one that it was pushed from?
    04-08-09 11:43 PM
    No, on Reply it's always the account it came to. On Forward, you can specify another account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:58 PM
    I was familiar with being able to set reply-to fields, but if I'm creating a new message everything is already fine.

The problem is when I'm replying to a message that I was sent. I would like to be able to reply from the account the original message was sent to, rather than being stuck with GMail each time.

I had a feeling that it wasn't possible yet, but wanted to see if anyone here had any work-arounds or fixes.
    04-09-09 12:17 AM
    Reread what I typed. That's not what I said. Also, why don't you just add those other accounts to your device rather then forward from them to a gmail one you do have on the device?

04-09-09 12:26 AM
    I wasn't referencing your post when I mentioned the reply-to field. There was another post just below yours that was deleted by someone (I'm assuming the person that wrote it) that was heavily referencing the reply-to field.

I don't have e-mail sent from the other accounts to the BB because of the delay, and I've been consolidating all of my e-mail into GMail so that I can keep and search it all (my school account deletes mail after 90 days regardless of size or status). They are all however installed on the BB so that I can send from them when needed.
    04-09-09 12:31 AM
    That's kind of what I gathered. The delay part, but you either deal with the delay in order to do the replies correctly or you simply choose Forward, but put the senders email in the new To field. On Forwards, you can change the sending account from the dropdown. It's a workaround trick, but it works. Only negative is you have to copy and paste the sender (the one you're replying to) into the To field.

04-09-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD