I just received my replacement storm today and realized the lock button does not work! It does not lock the phone... I can lock the phone with the lock icon, however, I can not unlock it. Only a battery pull works. Any one have this problem?
    01-20-09 02:59 PM
    dude, your button doesn't work, take it back..
    So sorry...
    NEXT.
    01-20-09 03:10 PM
    2 phone calls and 1 hour later with verizon wireless.. they are finally sending me a new hopefully non re-certified phone! The lady said it depends if we have any in stock... hmmmmm...
    01-20-09 03:45 PM
    ouch, i'd demand a new one.
    01-20-09 03:49 PM
    If it's not past your 30 days you have every right to a brand new one. Don't settle for anything less.
    01-20-09 03:55 PM
    Ya it passed my 30 days... unfortunately.. I got the original phone the day it was released.. then got a replacement today, for the dust and the screen click issue... and the replacement phone's lock button does not work... the phone they sent is re-certified... I demanded for a new phone they are gonna try their best... If the third phone is bad they are gonna allow me to get any other blackberry I want or guarantee a brand new storm... lets see how the third one comes in...
    01-20-09 04:02 PM
    My question is, if the lock button is broken and you lock it using the lock icon, how were you able to unlock it? If at all.
    01-20-09 05:36 PM
    My question is, if the lock button is broken and you lock it using the lock icon, how were you able to unlock it? If at all.
    The only way to unlock it is with a battery pull.
    01-21-09 12:19 AM
    If you have a password set up dont need to press the lock button just tap the screen
    01-21-09 05:15 AM
    If you have a password set up dont need to press the lock button just tap the screen
    That's all I do.
    01-21-09 06:09 AM
    heyy like when i lock my phone all someone has to do is press the lock button to open it but what if i have private stuff on there and i dont want people getting into it is there a way that when ppl try to unlock it that you have to type a password first? cause if someone gets a hold of it somehow i dont want them accsessing my stuff on my phone like messages,pics,videos, ect..
    01-23-09 12:50 AM
    Ya it passed my 30 days... unfortunately.. I got the original phone the day it was released.. then got a replacement today, for the dust and the screen click issue... and the replacement phone's lock button does not work... the phone they sent is re-certified... I demanded for a new phone they are gonna try their best... If the third phone is bad they are gonna allow me to get any other blackberry I want or guarantee a brand new storm... lets see how the third one comes in...
    you deserve a new REFURB, not a NEW PHONE.
    01-23-09 12:54 AM
    heyy like when i lock my phone all someone has to do is press the lock button to open it but what if i have private stuff on there and i dont want people getting into it is there a way that when ppl try to unlock it that you have to type a password first? cause if someone gets a hold of it somehow i dont want them accsessing my stuff on my phone like messages,pics,videos, ect..

I'm not certain he deserves a blackberry. He might need a Juke.
    01-23-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD