I received my replacement Storm the other day. I have yet to send back my first, original Storm. I successfully fully charged the replacement when I first received it. Now I need to re-charge the Storm.
    Anyway, when I plug the wall charger into the Storm and try to charge it it will not charge at all. The front/top LED comes on every few seconds seemingly indicating that it is charging ut it does not charge at all. I can leave it plugged in for over 24 hours and...nothing.
    If I turn the Storm on and plug in the charger I get the lightning bolt through the battery icon, also indicating that it is supposedly charging but again....nothing.

I tried swapping the original phone's charger as well as the original phone's battery but I still cannot get it to charge.

Is this yet another bad Storm I need to send back for replacement? Anything else I can try?
    12-25-08 07:33 PM
    I'm having the same problem as I'm writing this. I let me Storm battery die as I like to do with my laptop and cell phone every once in a while just to keep the battery in good condition. I just plugged it in to charge it back up and now it won't power on, it's just sitting there with the lightning bolt through the battery. It doesn't even look like it's charging at all. I pulled the battery a few times and still no luck.

What's the deal?
    12-25-08 10:45 PM
    Ok I got mine to boot up, but it's still not charging. Hmmm...
    12-25-08 10:51 PM
    mine did that when i used an aftermarket charger. It didn't come back to life until i used the charger it came with... weird. And after that charger experience the phone has never acted normal again, it lags a lot
    12-25-08 11:54 PM
    mine did that when i used an aftermarket charger. It didn't come back to life until i used the charger it came with... weird. And after that charger experience the phone has never acted normal again, it lags a lot
    I am using the Blackberry charger that came with the phone. Now I am resorting to charging the old phone and battery, then swapping batteries with my replacement Storm. Sheesh....
    12-26-08 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD