I received my replacement to do to a couple rebooting issues. I just wanted to say the clicking and typing on this one is so much better and I move quicker. Has anyone else noticed this if they received a replacement Storm?
    12-16-08 11:25 PM
    I bought my storm the day it came out and my g/f bought hers like a week later and waited an additional week to get it...

Hers was way different and better in response and how the screen clicked... so i called CS and ordered my new one.. it comes tomorrow
    12-16-08 11:28 PM
    I had mine replaced due to screen click issues. The new one is so much better.
    12-16-08 11:30 PM
    Well that's good. Do make sure to have the s/w upgraded as you will have a lot more capabilities then. Just make sure to get something to protect it due to the demand of the model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:30 PM
    jus got my replacement. this one was actually factory sealed. it works so much better. the improved clicking screen has sped up my typing. phones got a few more steps to go but its so much better when the screen works as it should
    12-16-08 11:40 PM
    I ordered my replacement yesterday morning and received it today with next day shipping. I guess what I am getting at is its easier to get a replacement than a new order.
    12-17-08 12:18 AM
    I was supposed to receive my upgrade today but the lady didnt click "send" order... or so some CS guy told me so they are sending one and its supposed to be here tomorrow.... hopefully it is as flawless as i hope for...
    12-17-08 12:27 AM
    so whats the issue with the screen? Mine was purchased three weeks ago and the sceen sorta clicks when i push the middle, but on the sides and top it clicks VERY little! is that normal?
    12-17-08 01:19 AM
    I'm with stormrunner here...it clicks but not like the commercial...is mine messed up too?

12-17-08 01:23 AM
    On mine the lower left side and lower middle hardly click at all (doesn't even seem like the screen is being pushed in) while the rest of the phone is normal.
    12-17-08 01:28 AM
    I got my replacement yesterday and it is sooo much better to type on this thing. The edges are clicking and the whole clicking experience is just...better! To the people above me, I had the problem with my corners so I went into the store and had them order me a replacement. I suggest you do the same!

12-17-08 01:33 AM
    I had mine replaced due to screen click issues. The new one is so much better.
    What exactly do you mean when you say screen click issues?
    12-17-08 02:11 AM
    Got my brand new one Monday, and mine clicks like a mofo all the way around. Gotta say I hate the light bleeding near the buttons though.
    12-17-08 02:11 AM
    I drop mines and it stop working. Ordered replacement 12/12/08 and still wainting they said it will take a week for new one to come in.
    12-17-08 02:20 AM
    Stormrunner and Matty-

I ordered a replacement today for the same problems you are having. My middle clicks perfectly, but the top and bottom do not. They are a lot harder to push and more "mooshy," if you will. This is obviously a hardware problem which has apparently been addressed with the newer Storms that have been shipping out.

I had a little bit more of a hassle getting mine replaced though. I first called CS, and they told me that I can get a replacement, I just have to have a Verizon technician look at it before that can happen to verify that the "clickability" of the screen is in fact defective seeing as them replacing mine outright would just be word of mouth. So I took it to a store and a technician agreed that the screen does not click as it should. He noted my account and told me to call Verizon back and have a replacement sent because the issue has been verified. I called CS back and they are sending a new one no problem. Hopefully I don't get the "yellow screen" that everyone has been getting with their replacements. I'd like a "white screen" as well as a good click. But, we'll see.

Question for you folks that ordered a replacement with no problems via telephone regarding clickability - What exactly did you tell CS was wrong with your phone? I called 2 or 3 times to see if I could avoid going to the store to have my issue verified and just have them send me a new one right away, but all of the reps I spoke with said that I would need to bring it to a store to have it looked at and my account noted first. What did you guys say was wrong?
    Last edited by RyanB95; 12-17-08 at 02:44 AM.
    12-17-08 02:41 AM
    "I've taken my storm to one of the corporate stores and they advised me to call CS. Here I am calling customer service to have my phone replaced." Tell them your having the clicking problems and the corners won't click. To make things easier, you can let them know that the phone automatically reboots throughout the day.
    12-17-08 03:13 AM
    I had some problems logging into my email on the Storm I got on launch morning. My rep ordered me a replacement. I received it and the screen clicking was horrible. I think I got one of the units where you couldn't click the corners. Well, I sent the replacement back and kept my original, and it's working great for me.
    12-17-08 05:13 AM
    I received my replacement to do to a couple rebooting issues. I just wanted to say the clicking and typing on this one is so much better and I move quicker. Has anyone else noticed this if they received a replacement Storm?
    Yep got mine last night and the difference is night and day!
    12-17-08 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD