Hi I purchased a replacement screen online and have installed it in my Storm 9530. Now I can highlight on the screen but can't select. The bottom of the tactile has no spring either. Is it possible to damage anything on reassembly? Is the new screen faulty if I can't select anything? Please advise.
    04-07-10 12:30 AM
    This is the LCD screen you are talking about or the glass?
    04-07-10 06:07 AM
    This is the LCD screen you are talking about or the glass?
    This is a replacement screen and digitizer complete with the metal backing plate. The screen lights up or highlights but I cannot select anything. The tactile action is very loose especially at the bottom.

Did I get shafted on the screen purchase?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 08:43 AM
    Never done one myself but i assume its not an easy job. Did you have any problems along the way replacing the screen and digitizer?
    04-07-10 09:25 AM
    Never done one myself but i assume its not an easy job. Did you have any problems along the way replacing the screen and digitizer?
    No it's pretty straightforward. Perhaps I've overtightened something or some contacts somewhere are not touching. I am also concerned about the lack of spring in the screen

Are there any springs that could have fallen out?

Is there anything about the reassembly that is tricky that someone could share?

Thx
    Scott

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 09:43 AM
    There are 4 little cushiony type pads on each end. These get pulled out easily. Use a pin to pull them through. People are having luck loosening the screws slightly. I myself repaired one and need to find a fix for the screen not working as well for the landscape keyboard. Both edges are inperfect and cant use a couple keys.
    04-07-10 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD