Some time ago I dropped my blackberry storm. I had a chip in the glass on the bottom left corner. Well, now that chip has become a crack going from the bottom left to top right. The phone works fine.. the screen works fine.. i just have that hairline crack. It's a company phone and I know they don't have insurance on it.... so I REALLY do not want to have to go through work to get it fixed.

So I have found a bunch online that I can buy. They say check the part number - well I can't check the part number - because I don't have the tools to take out the parts - that comes with the new screen most times. So, all I know is I have a 9530 I got from Verizon. How do I know which one to order?

Is there some way to tell by model number or something what screen model number I need or are they all the same for the 9530?

Thanks.
    04-10-10 01:47 PM
    First of all, I strongly suggest that you do NOT disassemble a company phone.

There are two parts, not cross compatible. You can get a small T6 (Torx) screwdriver at any hardware store, computer store or radio shack. I use a guitar pick instead of the openers everyone sells. (They're cheap, and they're already all over my floor anyway.) The number is marked on the ribbon cable, Be gentle with that cable and with the connector that holds the ribbon on the mainboard.
    04-10-10 02:56 PM
    I buy all my parts from sw-box.com.

pretty cheap and shipped in less than 2 weeks(in canada) with the slowest shipping option. You can buy your screw driver from here too.
    04-10-10 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD