Hey all,

I am writing to ask you all what sounds best for my current conditions. I have a phone manufactured 11-22-08 from Canada that works great (minus software issues). No problem with the screen click, everything seems responsive. HOWEVER, I am accumulating a lot of dust. I asked Best Buy who put my IS screen on to replace it but they said no need -- its under your phone. Verizon also confirmed this. Dust keeps getting in the middle of my screen and its driving me nuts.

I have heard that the newer replacements sent out might MIGHT be QCed better and could address this. Do you think its worth getting another phone? I hate to have to go through the trouble since its just cosmetic really, but I am a stickler for this stuff so it bugs me

tl;dr -- phone works great no click issues, a lot of dust, should i get a new phone since the new ones seem to be QCed better?

Thanks!
    12-25-08 04:37 PM
    it's really not a lot of trouble to get the replacement.. just make sure you make some bs up like the clicking is poor
    12-25-08 04:44 PM
    Keep in mind here I don't want to BS them if I don't have to. It is just dust.. I am worried that if I try to get a replacement that the screen click issue is apparent on the new model I get.

Repeat -- I am not scamming VZW nor do I intend to do so. I also bought my phone at Best Buy so I can use their exchange service I just wanted to make sure it was worth replacing it. I can always wait when the dust is real bad and use insurance or argue my way into a phone using the manufacturer warranty.
    12-25-08 04:46 PM
    Personally I would get a replacement You said its bothering you. I don't think its being unreasonable to expect that. It would be a manuf defect. The phone is barely one month old. I don't think you should worry too much about a screen click issue. I got my repl 2 weeks ago and its perfect. If you read the forum I don't think this is too much of an issue anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 04:56 PM
    I walked in. Showed him the phone, said it looked poopy, he looked at it for 5 seconds (no joke). Then started to fill out the forms for a replacement. I'm awaiting it now.
    Its a media centered phone... How can you watch movies and browse the internet when it looks like crap.
    12-25-08 07:53 PM
    I got a replacement for mine that had dust issues. My new one seems to have a much better seal, as there is no light bleeding from in between screen layers.
    12-25-08 10:35 PM
    Ill talk to best buy tomorrow or call vzn thanks all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD