I had my Storm replaced due to random reboots. The new one arrived yesterday and I activated it and all seemed fine. Until I tried to click the lower left portion of the screen. Yep, the new one has the screen defect. Not onlly that, but it too randomly rebooted. So back it goes.
    Also, this replacement unit was brand new and had the so called "newer" prd. So for those who think the newer PRD means a new hardware revision; it doesn't.
    12-04-08 02:01 PM
    pics please
    12-04-08 02:14 PM
    U got it send it back til they get it right.................
    12-04-08 02:15 PM
    Pics please? What do
    You expect from pictures? What's the point you won't see anything....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 02:20 PM
    pics please
    Pics please? are you kidding? pics of what? The phone rebooting? or should I get some sort of pressure gauge that shows how hard I have to press on the corner to activate the icon?...moronic post!
    12-04-08 02:30 PM
    U got it send it back til they get it right.................
    Yea. They activated my original phone and this replacement is going pack. A bit discouraging but I love the Storm way too much to give up this easily.
    12-04-08 02:31 PM
    Ok take the battery cover off and you will see a screw and a small sticker on the other side of the screw loosen both screws up just a little and the screen will work perfect

12-04-08 03:10 PM
    I was afraid there was going to be a thread about this. I can deal with software issues, I can deal with hardware issues.

12-04-08 03:28 PM
    Oops, meant can't.

12-04-08 03:29 PM
    I just got home and my replacement is here. I opened the box to find I was sent a refubished unit. It has the PRD 21009 but this one sucks. The screen is horrible, much worse then mine. It seems like the top 10% does not respond very well. At least on mine, it was just the top left corner. I am getting ready to call them and question why they sent me a refurbished unit when mine was just 10 days old.
    12-04-08 03:31 PM
    im gonna keep calling until i get a decently working one. as zookeper3 state, software issues i can deal with, but hardware? thats just ridiculous.
    12-04-08 03:33 PM
    Disappointing news for someone awaiting a replacement. I can't believe they had the b*lls to send a refurb at this point.
    12-04-08 03:40 PM
    how can you tell if they are refurbs mine should be getting here tomorrow and if its refurbed it will be going right back not even turning it on if its refurbished
    12-04-08 04:02 PM
    @jpf: THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY Refurbs to send out....GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I know for a fact that policy is to send out a new phone within the first 30 days of launching a new unit.
    12-04-08 04:02 PM
    For Data Collection, you should of posted the Hardware Codes and Manufactured Location.
    12-04-08 04:07 PM
    @jpf: THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY Refurbs to send out....GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I know for a fact that policy is to send out a new phone within the first 30 days of launching a new unit.
    Do you realize how ignorant you sound. You are basing your comments on a lack of information. I have the facts at hand.

Yes, They are sending out refurnished units, I received one today. It came as a unit only, taped to the cardboard. It has a lable with The SKU is FRUBB9530 FRU stands for Factory Refurbished Unit.

I called CS and the tech support initially denied that they are sending out refurbished unit. Later in the conversation, I explained to him that I will only accept a new unit within the 30 day window. I asked him if he could guarantee a new unit arriving and he said that they started sending out refurbished units last week and he could not guarantee it would be new. He then laughed and said, I might get one like the one I just received. He told me to wait until the 15th and try my local store for a replacement.

See this pics. One show the SKU
    One shows the scratches on the back of the device
    One shows the scratches on the temp protective screen.

This is not a new unit.

Next time, try to at least have some facts, before you claim someone else is lying.
    12-04-08 04:35 PM
    ^^ i dont mean to undermine you but how do you know for fact that FRU stands for factory refurbished unit...

I just got my replacement today and i also thing its a refurb but i cant be certain.
    12-04-08 04:48 PM
    Do you realize how ignorant you sound. You are basing your comments on a lack of information. I have the facts at hand.

Yes, They are sending out refurnished units, I received one today. It came as a unit only, taped to the cardboard. It has a lable with The SKU is FRUBB9530 FRU stands for Factory Refurbished Unit.

I called CS and the tech support initially denied that they are sending out refurbished unit. Later in the conversation, I explained to him that I will only accept a new unit within the 30 day window. I asked him if he could guarantee a new unit arriving and he said that they started sending out refurbished units last week and he could not guarantee it would be new. He then laughed and said, I might get one like the one I just received. He told me to wait until the 15th and try my local store for a replacement.

See this pics. One show the SKU
    One shows the scratches on the back of the device
    One shows the scratches on the temp protective screen.

This is not a new unit.

Next time, try to at least have some facts, before you claim someone else is lying.
    I received a new one (original order) and it had "scratches" on the protective plastic and similar scratches inside. I think that's normal- have you ever seen how they handle these on the "assembly line"? They shuffle things around by sliding them on bench tops and that's the reason for the protective plastic- its not to give the customer a warm fuzzy feeling when they unwrap it.

I think you received a new unit, seriously.
    12-04-08 04:55 PM
    I just got my replacement and it says FRUBB9530

I cannot tell if it was used or not. The screen only click slightly in the corner. I would still need the paper trick in the battery. Maybe I should just keep my original with the paper mod.
    12-04-08 05:06 PM
    did anyone receive a new unit with the full retail kit?
    12-04-08 05:06 PM
    so my new one does click significantly better than my original without the paper mod, however with the paper mod, my original clicks better.

that said, this new one came with a stuck pixel.... not very happy with RIM right now. I have a samsung computer monitor that has 1920X1200 pixels and NOT EVEN 1 is dead/stuck. This is ridiculous.
    12-04-08 05:11 PM
    The date code on my replacement is older than my original,

Replacement is 11/23/08

Original is 11/27/08
    12-04-08 05:12 PM
    Mine came as a full retail kit but the sku is FRUBB9530.
    12-04-08 05:18 PM
    At least your not going to give up. Some people would just give up. It sucks that your having so many problems with yours tho.
    12-04-08 05:38 PM
    ok, so i dont think FRU means its a refurb... maybe it means factory replacement unit....

at anyrate, i called *611 and they said that it should have been shipped with the FULL retail kit: nice box, all the accessories, pretty much like how you got it from the store. mine was none of that.

12-04-08 05:43 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD