Does removing the sim card then putting it back in change any settings to the phone?
    04-17-09 04:02 PM
    No. Sim card is only for international travel. It is basically useless in the US. Change your wireless connection from global to 1xev and it will save on battery power also. Global uses the sim card when you get out of service area and it will display sim card error at times. I changed mine to 1xev and that has not since happened.
    04-17-09 04:17 PM
    No. Sim card is only for international travel. It is basically useless in the US. Change your wireless connection from global to 1xev and it will save on battery power also. Global uses the sim card when you get out of service area and it will display sim card error at times. I changed mine to 1xev and that has not since happened.
    Well ok thanks so much and I always have set it to 1XEV as i got a tip when i first got the Storm
    04-18-09 09:09 AM
    Also, if you decide you want to change carriers in the USA to a carrier that utilizes GSM, you can have your phone unlocked and then put a TMobile or AT&T SIM card in there!

Verizon utilizes CDMA - and so doesn't use the SIM card in the USA.
    04-18-09 09:43 AM
    Also, if you decide you want to change carriers in the USA to a carrier that utilizes GSM, you can have your phone unlocked and then put a TMobile or AT&T SIM card in there!

Verizon utilizes CDMA - and so doesn't use the SIM card in the USA.
    I'm pretty sure you also need the service books if you want to do that.
    04-18-09 11:22 AM
    Not to repeat what's already been posted, but here's what you need:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

I'm pretty sure you also need the service books if you want to do that.
    04-18-09 07:03 PM
    wont hurt it
    04-18-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD