I have decided that I was going to do the upgrade to .109. One of the required tasks is to delete (or move) the other OS that DM sees. My DM sees 3 of them and I cannot find them to move them. On my computer (XP) in Add/Remove programs it only lists 1, .075 my current OS. I do not want to delete this because if I need to go back and reinstall I won't have it, but I cannot locate it on the computer to move it to My Documents or something like that. Where are they located to move them?

Also I have done what was suggested with DM 4.7 as to stop automatic upgrades, however every time I open DM with my Storm attached, it says its looking for upgrades. Is something wrong here or is that normal?

I really want to go to .109 but these little things are really bothering me.
    03-05-09 08:29 PM
    What is the name of the .075 version in your Add/Remove list? I can't find it listed when I open the Add/Remove utility.
    Thanks,
    Radu
    03-05-09 08:47 PM
    There is no need to remove previous versions of the OS from your PC. In fact I have ALL previous versions there and am now running .109.

If you don't feel entirely comfortable upgrading to a leaked OS, I would advise against it though.
    03-05-09 08:49 PM
    Alot of the posts I have read about upgrading say to make sure there is only the one OS on your PC when you do it. I am not 100% comfortable with the upgrade but the only way I will feel comfortable is to try it. I am starting to get tired of the sluggish response from .075 and think I need to change it before I get crazy. .109 sounds like the way to go.
    03-06-09 07:36 AM
    I am in the same boat. I still have .75 but I have downloaded (not installed) .109. However when I read all the conflicting posts about how to do the install, and all of the "I can't make it work" posts it am afraid to try it. I sell software so I am not a newbie in that regard, but I am not familiar with BB technology. the Storm is my first BB.

Supposedly Verizon is coming out with an "official" update this month, but I would like to stay ahead of the game moving forward if I could just get some straight dope on how an upgrade is done.

Why is this so hard?
    03-06-09 07:48 AM
    doing the upgrades is really simple and theres no reason to shy away from it.

theres a link to get the verizon official .75 somewhere in the forums, check the beta/os's thread to get it.

You can have multiple os's on your computer. When u download just save em into a folder. I keep one called 9530 software that has everything from .75 to .109 in it. When you want to load something just run the install wizard for the os you want. you just need to remember to have one os installed on your computer at a time.

Also, go into the apploader from the reaserch in motion folder to install your new os. As long as you have one os installed on your computer, itll automatically pick that one to run for your phone.
    03-06-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD