i keep reading that the storm will run faster if the homepage has fewer icons, so im trying to delete some icons that i dont think i need.

for example, i dont need a "lock" icon since there is a button, and i dont need a "music" icon since its basically the same thing as the "media" icon.

however, i have no idea how to remove these icons... i cant seem to find the delete option for them and "hide" doesnt remove them- it just dims them.

one more thing - since i am such a novice - how to i turn off noise alerts for emails, texts, facebook, etc?

-thanks
    03-31-09 10:42 AM
    Don't delete them. Just "hide" them.
    03-31-09 10:43 AM
    I have my home page loaded up with the majority of my application shortcuts. It runs just as fast as not having them displayed.... But to each there own.

+1 on hiding them. Do not delete them
    03-31-09 10:59 AM
    on the home screen push the menubutton>options>pick how many rows of icons you want

dont hold the menu button or you will get a box that shows which apps are running
    03-31-09 11:07 AM
    all i did was move everything into folders. i put utility and settings icons into the setup folder. every app except for weather eye i put into applications and any messaging service i dont use often i put into instant messaging. i kept my email, sms and bbm on my homescreen because i use those alot. my goal was to keep my icons on the home screen to under 16. that should work
    03-31-09 11:14 AM
    its annoying that they have these redudant icons... why do i need a music icon when i have a media icon? and a lock or phone icon when there are buttons for these? i understand people may prefer icons, but there should at least be an option to remove them for people who dont want the clutter.

also, is it possible to move a folder into another folder? this is something else that i have not been able to do.
    03-31-09 11:38 AM
    whats the point of hiding icons if you can still see them?
    03-31-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD