If I take off the factory screen protector will my phone be ok ?

I have read all of these threads on how the screen itself is pretty scratch resistant aswell as being pretty good with finger prints and smudges. Now is that to say that its better than a scratch resistant screen protector ??? I see that my screen protector (factory) has alot of sctratches on it just from the usage with my fingers and if I take it off will those same scrathes appear over time ??? Any opinions would be greatly apprieciated, should I just leave the factory protector on/take it off/or buy somthing like the invisi-sheild.
    05-07-09 01:24 PM
    Factory screen protector??
    05-07-09 01:29 PM
    My factory screen protector started to come off. I then decided to buy the Ultimate Screen Guard from Seidio. I saw the YouTube video on the Storm screen test; how he took sharp metal objects including a knife and some keys, but I feel better with something on my screen. Plus you can't even tell it's there.
    05-07-09 01:30 PM
    i never got a factory screen protector..
    05-07-09 01:32 PM
    You can always take off the factory one, clean the screen with some alcohol wipes, wipe it off with a lint free cloth, and carefully reapply a new screen protector. Just make sure you take your time and use a credit card or something to apply it. Usually if you go to your carriers store, someone there will put one on for you. I just feel better with one on my phone, since it stays in the pocket that has the keys and lighter and change in it. I'd rather pay for the protectors and have to replace them occasionaly than have a freak scratch on my screen.
    05-07-09 01:33 PM
    My personal favorite is the Zagg protector. You can get it just for the screen or for the entire phone. I have their screen protector on my phone and my Itouch. It's also made from military grade products, and is guaranteed for the life of your device.

I also read about how scratch-resistant the Storm screen is, but I just feel better with the protector in place.
    05-07-09 01:34 PM
    every new storm came with a half sheed protector with a peel off tab and some even had two layer of screen protectors.
    05-07-09 01:35 PM
    No kidding....
    05-07-09 01:36 PM
    i don't use a screen protector. It is instead protected by the aura of indudarea, the power of love.
    05-07-09 01:37 PM
    The 'factory' screen protector is just a 'shipment protector'.

I would highly recommend putting something similar back on, like the one mentioned previously or even one of the 'Palm Premium Screen Protectors'. I had some of these (13/pack) left over from my Palm that I was able to use. YOU HAVE TO CUT THESE ONES OUT (don't know about the other types) but they give you a diagram to follow & they have one (#2 for a Tungsten model) that fits perfectly! They are easy to change when/if you wear them out.
    05-07-09 01:44 PM
    I haven't had a screen protector on since I took off the factory one maybe a week after I got the phone and it's fine... not a scratch; and this is going on about 2 months.
    05-07-09 01:47 PM
    I left the factory one on until it was too scratched up for me to stand. It was really smooth to touch and made fingerprints nonexistent. I replaced it with the seidio protector which is still smoother than the glass to slide on but os a fingerprint magnet. More scratch resistant than the factory one and reusable with a little soap and water though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 01:52 PM
    i never got a factory screen protector..
    You didn't have any plastic to peel off your face plate when you bought it?
    05-07-09 02:41 PM
    You didn't have any plastic to peel off your face plate when you bought it?
    As previously stated, that wouldn't be a screen protector...

The 'factory' screen protector is just a 'shipment protector'.
    05-07-09 02:47 PM
    I took mine off and have had nothing on it since November. I don't like like the look or feel of a screen protector. It has no scratches to date.

Grey
    05-07-09 02:52 PM
    Well, whatever that ship-protector-thingy is, I left it on there for a month or so until it started to lift. I then replaced it with the one that the VZW guy sold me. I had that one for about 2 weeks and the smudging was driving me nuts. I like a naked screen, what I can I say? I'm pretty easy on phones and I keep the prints off with lens wipes. I have the Innocase II over the body, but like the screen uncovered.
    05-07-09 02:53 PM
    I took the factory plastic off about a month ago. No scratches even after (GULP) I dropped it on the pavement (face down). It didnt land flush on the screen cause I have a rubber protector around the rest of it so the screen never touched. It does smudge a bit but nothing that wont come off. I have one of those micro fiber lense cleaners.
    05-07-09 05:00 PM
    Naked since January, not a scratch!
    05-07-09 05:01 PM
    Ive had it naked since October and it goes through alot of usage such as coins and keys in my pocket and not one scratch seen up to date
    05-07-09 05:15 PM
    They sell replacement ones at the verizon store. Don't go without one, because if you ever do scratch the bare screen, the phone is basically worthless. My phone looked really screwed up then I went to the verizon store, got a replacement, and it looks like new again. For about $8.00 you can get three new protectors.
    05-07-09 05:49 PM
    I use one that's crystal clear, so it looks like there's not one on.
    05-07-09 09:02 PM
    id leave it on, i took mine off and regret it...screen is scratched all to ****
    05-07-09 10:29 PM
    Verizon screen protectors are the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 11:00 PM
    my storm came with a factory guard plus another one on top that MOST people pull off.(the one with a lil tab to lift,almost like a window cling).factory one is almost barely noticable.mine is a lil beat up but whenever I get tired of it ill just take it off n put one of my $20 replacements on.still have like 2 left
    05-08-09 09:40 AM
    yeah I don't get why people leave the factory protector on there, it looks stupid because like a pull off tab attached to it

I agree with macnthamost. I bought the Ultimate Screen Guard from Seidio for like 3 bucks and it went on in 2 seconds with no bubbles, it just sucked right to the screen
    05-08-09 09:44 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD