I do not have any BIS information as verizon fails and is not open 24 hours a day. When I go to the email settings it takes me to log into BIS only. There is an option to close and it just exits the email settings... ugh I need to delete my email account before I send this faulty storm back to verizon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a personal GMAIL account on my blackberry by the way.

I have tried the following things:
    Requesting username on BIS site.
    You cannot request your username on the BIS site you have to call verizon.

Going to setup>Email Settings
    It takes me to the BlackBerry Internet Service. "You need to create an account to begin sending and receiving email on your BlackBerry device or log in
    07-17-09 11:47 PM
    Have you set up the BIS yet? You have to make an account on a BIS to modify (add/remove) email accounts. If you received the phone from a previous user, you will have to call technical support to remove the previous info on the BIS so you can create one. You can do it online or on your phone. BlackBerry Internet Service

Check VZW's website too
    Configuring email services - BlackBerry Internet Service
    07-18-09 12:22 AM
    I do not have any Bis information because I out of stupidity forgot my username. Is BIS the only way to remove the email account from the handset now days?
    07-18-09 12:25 AM
    Sorry, just reread what you wrote. Why are you gonna delete it? it doesn't matter anyway. But you could delete the service books. Options>Advanced Options>Service Book> and find the gmail account and delete.

Mind you, that when you do that, it removes it from the phone, and when you activate the new one, your stuff will come back on the new one.
    Last edited by summerfish; 07-18-09 at 12:30 AM.
    07-18-09 12:26 AM
    Okay, what do you mean it doesn't matter anyways?
    07-18-09 12:33 AM
    When you send it back to Verizon they wipe it clean. But you will need to get into your BIS to change the PIN on the account so you get your email to your new blackberry.
    07-18-09 12:36 AM
    Oh well. Cannot remove it from the service books anyways. Phone is completely frozen :S Even when I do the battery pull it shows the same screen as before... This sounds like more of a hassle than it is worth. lol...
    07-18-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD