Basically I downloaded crunchSMS and found its a lot quicker and less laggy than the default SMS program. So when I get a text now 2 icons pop up (SMS and crunchSMS) and I have to go to both to stop my phone from blinking. Is there a way to make the default stop showing up as a new message and a blinking light?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 09:16 PM
    well you could hide it by highlighting and pressing menu and hide or move it to a folder and off the screen. you could merge it with messaging or just get rid of the sms app
    08-25-10 09:53 PM
    There is no way to get rid of the SMS app. It's part of the core applications.

08-25-10 10:39 PM
    Go to options. Security options. Then firewall. Check block next to sms messages. They will show up on ur crunch sms but not the other folder. : )
    08-25-10 11:23 PM
    There is no way to get rid of the SMS app. It's part of the core applications.

Not the app. The little icon that appears when you get a message. Emails, voicemail, missed calls, etc. All have their icons. Might be my theme no sure since I've had this one forever.

Go to options. Security options. Then firewall. Check block next to sms messages. They will show up on ur crunch sms but not the other folder. : )
    Thanks mate that's exactly what I was looking for!

Last edited by Lenerdosy; 08-26-10 at 12:06 AM.
    08-25-10 11:59 PM
    If I blocked MMS also, would crunch SMS app pick that up too?
    I wanted to make sure before I blocked both SMS and MMS from the firewall options.
    08-26-10 12:58 AM
    No crunch won't support MMS message. People have been asking them to update to where it will though..... keeping fingers crossed. : )
    08-26-10 10:05 AM
    Ohh haha. Yeah, I just tested it today too, not working. Guess I'll have to unblock MMS. Thanks for the reply : )
    08-26-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD