I just got a new bb 8900 javelin and I picked up a Storm for $50 today. I swapped my sim card from the 8900 to the storm. I tried to download and install slacker on the storm but it seems as if there is an it policy on the storm that will not allow slacker to run. I have done some research on removing the it policy but I'm kinda stuck because this storm is unlocked and I'm afraid that if I use JL_cmder to reset it to the factory settings that the phone will become locked as it was when it came from verizon. I have performed a backup with desktop manager and saved it to my laptop today. If I reset this phone with JL_cmder to the factory settings will it become locked again? If so, once I do a restore with the backup file I created today will it become unlocked again? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    05-22-09 03:56 PM
    using JL will not re-lock the phone
    05-22-09 04:20 PM
    I just wiped this storm that I aquired for the sole purpose of removing the IT policy and guess what...it is still there...grrrrr..getting p@$@#d! I think a saw a post somewhere about removing with command promt..still looking.
    06-20-09 09:58 PM
    loader.exe /resettofactory will remove the IT Policy. I just did it last week.
    06-20-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD