Here is my situation:

A couple days ago I noticed that my Blackberry Storm 9530 stopped charging. So, I bought a new battery thinking that was the problem. I put the new battery in and worked but then went the battery went low and I went to plug it in the wall charger to charge it up, it wouldn't charge. So I'm guessing there's something wrong with the port since I even tried charging it up with my car charger and the USB chord to my laptop, none of it worked.

So, I bought an external battery charger to charge up my battery so I wouldn't have to charge it through the phone. Worked great, got the battery all charged up. THEN, when I went to put the fully charged battery in my phone, I get the "Reload software 507" error!

I have no idea what to do now. I tried following the directions on the Blackberry 101 article "How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry", but I got stuck at the part where you plug the phone into the computer since the port is probably bad and can't recognize that its plugged in. I need a way to reinstall the OS somehow!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
    07-02-10 07:12 PM
    You did this with the battery out to connect? If not take it out. the "101" always works for me, unless there is an issue with the usb plug on your computer.
    07-02-10 08:18 PM
    This same thing happened to my first storm with the port going out. I took it into Verizon and they exchanged it for me, but I didn't have a 507 error. If multiple chargers do not work then it is extremely likely that your port is fried. I would still see if verizon would replace it, if not you may have to go through asurion if you have it.
    07-02-10 08:40 PM
    You did this with the battery out to connect? If not take it out. the "101" always works for me, unless there is an issue with the usb plug on your computer.
    I did do it with the battery. COM1 doesn't even show up on the connections settings, its just blank.
    07-02-10 10:11 PM
    This same thing happened to my first storm with the port going out. I took it into Verizon and they exchanged it for me, but I didn't have a 507 error. If multiple chargers do not work then it is extremely likely that your port is fried. I would still see if verizon would replace it, if not you may have to go through asurion if you have it.
    Unfortunately the warranty is up so they won't replace it. Never heard of asurion.
    07-02-10 10:12 PM
    Asurion is the insurance provider that verizon goes through. If you have insurance on the device though. If not you could fork out the cash for a used s1 which luckily you can find on ebay or craigslist for under 100 sometimes. If you use craigslist though make sure it isn't broken or stolen. Ebay makes sure sellers sell product AS described and not stolen. If you feel good about your soldering skills you can by the port and take the phone apart and do it your self. I know verizon offers a warranty but maybe you could through a fit about it being a manufacturing problem and not anything you could control.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD