I was at Woodfield Mall and stopped at the Verizon store there. I couldn't confirm anything other than a release of "Mid November" and the rep said they won't make the release date announcement until Nov.1 (which made me skeptical as that is a Saturday)

Despite all of that, the bigger news was the rep informing me that they will be opening early on launch day and that RIM will have a whole "launch celebration" setup in the Mall promoting it and even a drawing to win a few free Storms.

Crucial...is there any way you can at least confirm whether or not RIM has this planned at Woodfield Mall?
    Last edited by Jeep14; 10-24-08 at 10:23 PM.
    10-24-08 10:00 PM
    I was at Woodfield Mall and stopped at the Verizon store there. I couldn't confirm anything other than a release of "Mid November" and the rep said they won't make the release date announcement until Nov.1 (which made me skeptical as that is a Saturday)

Despite all of that, the bigger news was the rep informing me that they will be opening early on launch day and that RIM will have a whole "launch celebration" setup in the Mall promoting it and even a drawing to win a few free Storms.

Crucial...is there any way you can at least confirm whether or not RIM has this planned at Woodfield Mall?
    not sure that crucial would know this info on one of the malls in the whole us... its possible, but it wouldnt be the only party like it in the us.
    10-25-08 01:45 PM
    Have signed up for the Verizon FirstLook,First Touch event Nov. 18th in Hoffman Estates. Also confirmed today at local Verizon store delivery from advanced sign up Nov. 16th or 21st if one small glitch is not resolved.
    10-25-08 05:32 PM
    ya I work right near that one. I work for a big company right off of Hassell rd. I just don't have any clue whats going on with any of this. The rep last night just said that RIM is running that even in the middle of Woodfield and gving storms away as prizes....I don't really want to fight the Woodfield crowd/hype...I think anyone who lives around here has been there during the Holidays and to buy a phone I don't feel like fight the bad location of the VZW store in the mall.
    10-25-08 05:50 PM
    Would be interested in knowing if they plan on holding events at various malls across the US.
    10-25-08 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD