For what it's worth just left the Verizon Corp store and spoke with a sales guy. Asked about pre-order status/ date looks like the release date will be Jan sometime, they are having issues with the touchscreen leaving black dots embedded in it due to using it all the time....according to his data rep from rim.......
    08-01-08 04:11 PM
    That's funny, cause the Corporate guys that I know didn't even know they were going to get the Thunder until I said something to them. Heck, they didn't even know they (RIM) was developing the Thunder or Bold! And these are the CORPORATE guys!

Although I love VZW, I don't really trust the reps in the stores (regular reps that is) simply due to the fact that they don't even know that much about BBs.
    08-01-08 04:30 PM
    Again, everything is nothing but hearsay and rumours until we hear something official from RIM. Reps all have different stories...

Thank you for the info, though.
    08-01-08 04:32 PM
    Again, everything is nothing but hearsay and rumours until we hear something official from RIM. Reps all have different stories...

Thank you for the info, though.
    Correct, and I have not seen this above described problem of the OP. And these models devices, have been used to the fullest. as you could imagine
    08-01-08 05:19 PM
    Correct, and I have not seen this above described problem of the OP. And these models devices, have been used to the fullest. as you could imagine
    Lucky you.............
    08-01-08 07:11 PM
    From wat I'm hearing there's gonna be atest run of sum sorts released on september 24th to actually see if there is a market for the thunder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 08:43 AM
    From wat I'm hearing there's gonna be atest run of sum sorts released on september 24th to actually see if there is a market for the thunder

Lol wut. That's what focus group testing is for.
    08-02-08 03:34 PM
    I spoke will a sales rep today and he said that they were told that the timeframe for release is the end of the third quarter. No exact date but to be looking at the website and it will pop up.
    08-02-08 09:48 PM
    08-02-08 09:49 PM
    Well you can never know until you have the phone in your hands, but we can all hope!
    08-02-08 11:15 PM
    08-03-08 11:12 AM
    I really like the look of that BB, I hope verizon can't keep it as an exclusive
    08-03-08 11:23 AM
    Blackberrysync posted today that the thunder will be out on october 8th. The article also mentioned a 3.2mp camera. I would post the url but apparantly cannot due to low post limit.
    08-03-08 03:17 PM
    Blackberrysync posted today that the thunder will be out on october 8th. The article also mentioned a 3.2mp camera. I would post the url but apparantly cannot due to low post limit.
    They're just posting info we already know but here's the link anyway.

RIM will roll out Thunder on October 8th? | BlackBerry Sync | get in sync with the latest BlackBerry news
    08-03-08 08:06 PM

I am not calling you a liar or anything, but RIM is well aware that there is a market for the Thunder, and believe it will take a big portion of it as well.
    08-03-08 08:52 PM
    I am not calling you a liar or anything, but RIM is well aware that there is a market for the Thunder, and believe it will take a big portion of it as well.

Man, they will sell at least 2.5 million Thunders in the U.S. alone.
    08-03-08 09:41 PM
    I spoke will a sales rep today and he said that they were told that the timeframe for release is the end of the third quarter. No exact date but to be looking at the website and it will pop up.
    Same info here. The information I got though was that this is the proposed date. They wouldn't be surprised if there was some pushback, perhaps November or even December. The bottom line is that October is the earliest.
    08-04-08 12:10 PM
    I can tell you that it has changed. I checked infosync a month or so ago and it showed bold being released in September for Verizon. They had AT&T set for July. Don't remember the others. So i would say not to accurate.
    08-04-08 12:19 PM
    They're just posting info we already know but here's the link anyway.

RIM will roll out Thunder on October 8th?*|*BlackBerry Sync | get in sync with the latest BlackBerry news
    Article say OS 4.7? I really haven't been keeping up on this phone much. Is that the correct OS?
    08-05-08 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD