I've been on my first Storm since early December. Since then, it has accumulated a lot of dust under the screen. Just to confirm everything I've read on these message boards, I called Verizon and they agreed that they could send me a refurbished Storm in exchange for my current one. My question is, what's the general reaction to a refurbished Storm? Have people had mostly positive experiences with the refurb, or mostly negative? Also, I've read things about this Planet Feedback website and people getting new, not refurbished, Storms. Is this a route I should go, or should I stick with Verizon's customer service? Thanks to all who can lend me some feedback.
    07-20-09 02:55 PM
    I took my Storm to my local Verizon store and they replaced it on the spot. After reading some posts here, I did take someone's advice and say that "the screen would not sense" my button presses or swipes. This seemed to help my cause. I did get a refirbished Storm and It looked new. It came with the .75 OS which I quickly updated to .148 The only issue that I have is people complaining that I sound like I'm talking through a can. I can live with it for the time being, but will probably take it back as some point.
    07-20-09 03:09 PM
    From what I hear is that the refurbished phones tend to be 50% good and bad. My fiance's phone that i sent wouldn't click on the corners so they sent her a refurbished one and the radio doesn't work properly. So it looks like she will get another refurbished one. They did offer to replace it with the Tour if we liked but she doesn't want to give up the big screen. I will get my refurbished phone today because my call button works intermittently, my storm has been great to me so I hope i don't get a bad refurbished one.
    07-20-09 05:47 PM
    I'm on my the third storm. My first storms screen went half dead. They sent me a refurb, when I received it the screen didn't click like a new one would. About a month later my screen stopped responding so I took it back to the store and they gave me a new one on the spot. Both times the Verizon reps did not ask any questions what so ever. So customer service was amazing. I love this phone for so many reasons. I guess what I'm getting at if you get a refurb and doesn't work like new send it back as soon as possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD