Ok so my stupid friend let his brother use the storm with Cricket and they flashed the software so that the signal now picks up Cricket service. Now that his brother doesn't need it anymore, the phone is useless so he gave it to me since I'm with Verizon. So I tried to have Verizon "reflash" it back to their network and they won't do it! @sses! Anyone have any ideas how to switch it back? i've already done an OS upgrade/update and none of that worked. whenever I try the *228 activation, it goes to stupid Cricket's line. HELP!!!!!
    05-01-09 11:57 AM
    try wiping your device completely with JL_Cmder and reloading an os? I didn't think that the storm could work on cricket.
    05-01-09 12:06 PM
    Just checked it out Cricket is CDMA piggy backing on VZW's network...Go figure...Wipe it and reload an OS just like he ^^^^^ said
    05-01-09 12:57 PM
    Just checked it out Cricket is CDMA piggy backing on VZW's network...Go figure...Wipe it and reload an OS just like he ^^^^^ said
    Could you elaborate on that? Not sure what that means.
    05-01-09 01:05 PM
    Could you elaborate on that? Not sure what that means.
    Try this. look at the section called: HOW TO WIPE WITH JL_CMDER
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    05-01-09 01:17 PM
    Try this. look at the section called: HOW TO WIPE WITH JL_CMDER
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    I meant what does it mean that Cricket "piggybacks" Verizon's network. Thanks though.
    05-01-09 01:56 PM
    MVNO means all the network is verizon but cricket pays verizon to use their network
    05-01-09 02:17 PM
    I meant what does it mean that Cricket "piggybacks" Verizon's network. Thanks though.

My bad.
    10chars
    05-01-09 02:32 PM
    Hey guys...it still doesn't work...any ideas how to flash back to verizon? I've wiped it, reset it, upgraded the software, practically anything i can do i"ve done to it already, but still no luck. Any one have any ideas?
    05-02-09 10:10 AM
    Wiping the OS and reloading won't fix this. Do this... get a Verizon handset in your area (maybe another one you own yourself) and dial ##000000 Send. Look for Home SID number and not it down. Then dial ##000000 on the Storm and edit the field to match that number. Menu/Save and let it reboot. When it comes up, change the ESN in your Verizon account to the Storm's ESN and then dial *228 on the Storm.... you should get Verizon's OTA provisioning attendant. Report back your findings please.
    05-02-09 01:35 PM
    WRONG INFO..^^^^ Not that it matters much but cricket DOES NOT piggy back off of VZW's network in crickets home coverage areas... In a NON cricket area it piggybacks off of VZW, Us Cell and Sprint..
    05-02-09 01:43 PM
    Wiping the OS and reloading won't fix this. Do this... get a Verizon handset in your area (maybe another one you own yourself) and dial ##000000 Send. Look for Home SID number and not it down. Then dial ##000000 on the Storm and edit the field to match that number. Menu/Save and let it reboot. When it comes up, change the ESN in your Verizon account to the Storm's ESN and then dial *228 on the Storm.... you should get Verizon's OTA provisioning attendant. Report back your findings please.
    +1

I don't think Cricket "reflashed" your phone but rather programed it to their network inside the ##000000 menu.

If ##000000 gives you an error such as incorrect password or something like that you will need to find your SPC code. Use this thread to find your SPC then dial ##SPCCODE
    05-02-09 01:52 PM
    Hey guys....thanks for the info, but I've already tried all this with the VZW people. The tech support lady even guided me to this website and told me to look around. The ##000000 send thing doesn't work. I've changed all settings back to verizon's numbers but when I dial the *228 OTA, it still goes to Cricket's. So apparently Cricket did "flash" my phone...any way to get it back or flash it back to verizon's network by myself?
    05-02-09 03:28 PM
    try *2281 or *2282 or *2283 etc till you hear the verizon activation
    05-02-09 04:17 PM
    The ##000000 doesn't work because you don't have the SPC read my post to find it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:32 PM
    Hey guys....thanks for the info, but I've already tried all this with the VZW people. The tech support lady even guided me to this website and told me to look around. The ##000000 send thing doesn't work. I've changed all settings back to verizon's numbers but when I dial the *228 OTA, it still goes to Cricket's. So apparently Cricket did "flash" my phone...any way to get it back or flash it back to verizon's network by myself?
    are you in a VZW coverage area? not extended network or roaming, but actual VZW?
    05-02-09 04:55 PM
    it sounds to me like we have a case or this guy completely bsing cause who is just going to give someone a storm i mean come on
    05-02-09 05:49 PM
    it sounds to me like we have a case or this guy completely bsing cause who is just going to give someone a storm i mean come on
    yea that n00b just gave up one of the coolest phones ever! wtf was he thinking???
    05-02-09 05:54 PM
    C'mon guys maybe the guy really did it give it to him i mean when i changed carriers i gave my iphone to my best friend so who knows for sure
    05-02-09 08:27 PM
    All you need to do is load a Verizon PRL into the phone. It is simple and easy to do if you want to do a little internet research. All the programs are free if you look for them. You may be lucky and live in an area where someone flashes phones, they would be able to help you. I would try a Cricket store, they may be able to flash it back. If you PM me I can give you some sources in the Tennessee region or I can give you some sources for the software.

It is out there, if you want to take the time to search for it.

Once you get the PRL into the phone, you will be able to *228 the phone and update your information and update to the most current PRL.

Shorty
    Last edited by short6in; 05-09-09 at 09:12 PM.
    05-09-09 09:10 PM
    it's fairly simple to do actually, all you need to do is look for "CDMA Workshop" or someone who does have the program that can flash for you. if you do it yourself you will need to get the PRL (perfered roaming list) for your carrier. that is available on the web, GOOGLE is your friend, also look at howardforums and that will help alot in the how-to on flashing phones for CDMA carriers.

as for the flashing part it goes something like this......

1. get CDMA workshop, install it. (yes you have to have a product key for it, $100) but worth it.

2. connect phone, for this you need a data cable and the drivers installed on your system for it to work. once this is done open workshop and click on "port" and find your phone, for BB's it's under "RIM" on the port it shows if there are 2 of them then try them both. once it reads your phone you will see all the info on the left side of the program for your phone. look at the tabs and click on the security tab.

3. in the security tab look for the "SPC" box, this is were you will need to input the 6 zeros if it's been unlocked already. once done click on the bullet for "SPC" and click send, message should read "PHONE UNLOCK" or something to that effect.

4. now click on the "OTHER" tab and find the "PRL" box, in that area you should see drop downs for it, one should read "universal", leave it alone and then click on the "WRITE" bullet. look for your prl that your downloaded.

5. click on the prl and then "OPEN", program will do the rest. after it has written to the phone, "X" out of the program it will ask you if you want to restart the phone, click yes.

6. once phone reboots, and the phone's ESN is on your account, then you call dial *228+SEND and it will start the activation for your service provider.

hope this helps.
    05-27-09 01:09 PM
    I know this may sound strange but I'm curious as to whether or not all the features of the storm worked on Cricket. I used to have cricket and to be honest I never had a problem with them. But most everyone we knew had verizon, so we switched.

05-27-09 02:30 PM
    As for "all" the features i'm not 100% sure, but the mms, txt, pix, talk, and internet work. so i'm thinking that maps and such should work do to the A-GPS in the phone, cuz of the triangulation feature the maps application uses to retrieve your location. I'll look into it more and post my findings.
    05-29-09 03:22 PM
    Yea let me know if you don't mind. I've tried researching it. But haven't had much luck.

05-29-09 07:23 PM
    Im having this same issue
    10-20-09 10:00 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD