Ok so lately when I've been trying to send out a text, in my messaging folder, my Data arrows seem to freeze and lock up and then that outgoing message gets a red x next to it. I don't understand why. I have to then either pull my battery out or have to do a quick pull. Anyone else having this problem at all? Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 05:55 PM
    Red x's means the message has not been sent! Usually a problem with your service provider.
    03-31-09 06:00 PM
    No I don't think so because I'm always getting full reception. I just can't figure it out and its annoying. It only happens sometimes though.

03-31-09 06:56 PM
    This happened to me a few months back. If you try to resend the message it will usually go through the second time. Eventually my messages started to go through like they should. I think it was something wrong with the network...it started to work like normal after a day or so. Maybe you should give Verizon a call and see if there is some sort of outage in your area.
    03-31-09 06:59 PM
    Yeah, like I said, probably a problem with your service provider, not necessarily your reception.
    03-31-09 07:21 PM
    I think the best thing to do would be to go into your HRT (Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table) and click Menu, then select Register now. Back out and try to send txt again. If that fails try removing any Service book that says SMS or MMS (Options > Advanced Options > Service Books, hilight and delete). This will update your phone thru RIMs server and re-establish your data and voice connections.
    03-31-09 07:29 PM
    *228 option 1 and 2
    03-31-09 08:24 PM
    I think the best thing to do would be to go into your HRT (Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table) and click Menu, then select Register now. Back out and try to send txt again. If that fails try removing any Service book that says SMS or MMS (Options > Advanced Options > Service Books, hilight and delete). This will update your phone thru RIMs server and re-establish your data and voice connections.
    I'm having the same problem as the OP
    and i've tried both suggested.. although there werent any service books with SMS ..

i still cant send but can receive.. and i can make calls... :/
    weird
    05-04-09 11:51 AM
    i am having the same problem as well! its really annoying!
    05-04-09 12:04 PM
    I had that problem this past weekend with a few text messages.... was also getting good reception when it happened.
    05-04-09 12:06 PM
    i have certain friends that when i send a text to i get the red x. i think it means they are not able to receive texts or something.
    05-04-09 12:07 PM
    the people its doing it to i was texting a few minutes before. i think im going to call Verizon.
    05-04-09 12:09 PM
    Usually if I just resend it the text goes through. Even when I get full reception. It doesn't happen often but once in a while.

05-04-09 01:15 PM
    This problem usually occurs when the unit is low on memory on .75. This has happened several times to a friend of mine who hasn't updated his phone to a leaked OS.

Anyway, simple fix is a battery pull. Resending service books, attempting to resend the msg etc doesn't resolve the issue.

Again, symptoms of this are that you cannot send a message, but are mysteriously able to receive them. Even in areas of good reception.

edit: i don't know that this is 75 specific, but I've never encountered this issue on any of the .100 level and higher builds that i've run.
    05-04-09 01:18 PM
    I dont know where you live, but right now in Washington State there is a text message server outage, which would explain the red X.
    05-04-09 01:20 PM
    Have you gone under Manage Connections, Mobile Network Options, and switched you Network Technology to 1XEV?

That fixed that issue for me.
    05-04-09 01:25 PM
    Contact service provider if you need to but just try resending messages and eventually it'll probably work itself out.. or do a battery pull and see if it fixes the problem
    05-04-09 01:37 PM
    battery pull fixes mine.

if i let my phone die all the way to "radio off" and bypass until it just flat out dies, when i charge and power up sometimes my sms wont send, but i can recieve. battery pull fixes it.
    05-04-09 01:40 PM
    I was having the same proplem yesterday. I re registered my host routing table not fix, resent service books no fix. Pulled battery, rebooted and fixed.
    05-04-09 01:43 PM
    This problem usually occurs when the unit is low on memory on .75. This has happened several times to a friend of mine who hasn't updated his phone to a leaked OS.

Anyway, simple fix is a battery pull. Resending service books, attempting to resend the msg etc doesn't resolve the issue.

Again, symptoms of this are that you cannot send a message, but are mysteriously able to receive them. Even in areas of good reception.

edit: i don't know that this is 75 specific, but I've never encountered this issue on any of the .100 level and higher builds that i've run.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with memory, it is a signal issue. I get it quite frequently if the weather outside sucks because I operate in areas with weak verizon signal. (I'm looking @ you, Fort Knox.)
    05-04-09 02:46 PM

memory issues would generally delete inbox, not prevent radio usage.
    05-04-09 04:21 PM
    Just curious. Are you able to send PIN messages? Has your SMS Service Center number changed?
    05-04-09 05:58 PM
    By chance is your e-mail provider hotmail.com or live.com?

There is a known issue when you change the contact list display to last name, first name instead of first name, last name.

(Options - Language - Name display - First Name Last Name)

This may affect other providers as well. If I remember right this is not a BB issue but a M$ issue. Drove me nutz while I was testing with hotmail, I don't think it affects exchange servers though.

Let me know if u are on exchange and I will test it out.

Cheers

!!! OOPS sorry OP I misread your message for e-mails and not texts...
    Last edited by iprayforrain; 05-04-09 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Doh!
    05-04-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD