but it seems the people are receiving them

thoughts?
    01-15-09 07:06 PM
    I thought the red x means that the message was not sent.
    01-15-09 07:28 PM
    but the people are responding
    01-15-09 07:31 PM
    Red X does mean that it wasn't sent... but apparently they are still going through. I had this happen a lot this morning. First time its ever been a problem. Did some test emails between my office and my Storm and they all went through, even those with a red "X".

Strange.
    01-15-09 07:32 PM
    I had the same prob awhile back. Seem to remember a soft reset fixed it. My texts were being recieved as well.
    01-15-09 07:36 PM
    I have had this happen before too...pics being sent very slow then getting the red X. Very annoying and after a couple attempts I did a battery pull...probably a server problem but it did help.
    01-15-09 07:54 PM
    I think that usually happens when the provider network is having problems. That happened to me with Verizon for almost a whole day, and then they fixed the problem.
    01-15-09 09:43 PM
    I am having trouble with sending pics via email an error keeps coming up saying "problem uploading to server" or something along those lines... Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 10:10 PM
    hmmm ill wait it out then
    01-16-09 12:49 AM
    sometimes when I send an MMS I get a square with a clock in it for well over over an hour before it goes to the X...but I will resend it right after that and it goes right through...no clue (ghost bugs )
    01-16-09 01:02 AM
    still happening for SMS but not for MMS

also maybe 3 SMS messages have gone through without an X since last night
    01-16-09 08:15 AM
    This happens to me sometimes as well...

Red X is supposed to mean it didnt send. So i tried to resend a few times... then my friend says... "dude, i got that text 4 times."

I hate this device.
    01-16-09 10:24 AM
    It's a bug from what I understand (this issue has been addressed multiple times before). Red X could mean not sent, but it could also mean not confirmed delivery, but it depends on the carrier (that is why some of your messages with an X are being responded to), since it's possible to have a SMS sent and read but not confirmed delivered (it will have a check mark without a "D" underneath)

It all depends -- a phrase I've come to accept from using the Storm for a while now !
    01-16-09 10:39 AM
    the texts are being sent to mostly verizon customers
    01-16-09 10:42 AM
    yea, first it sends the message, then it waits for confirmation from the server that the message was successfully sent to whatever server it is that will try to deliver the message to the target device. If you see a red x but people are still getting the text that probably just means that the message is going through but your phone isnt getting the "successfully sent to server acknowledgement". then you just click "resend" over and over again until the x goes away and then you wait for your friends to call you and say "OMG I HATE YOUR STUPID STORM!"

but if your sending from verizon to other verizon phones you will actually get full confirmation after the message has been received by the server, and then again when it is actually delivered to the other phone.. the storm should show a little check mark when the message successfully goes up to the verizon server and then when the other verizon phone actually receives the message you will then see a little "D" above the check mark. if there is no "D" then you know the persons phone is turned off / off the network and you know the message is pending in the system but they have not received it yet (meaning they arent just ignoring you

..correct me if im wrong..
    07-14-09 05:47 PM
    i know that the only way you wont see a D is what you said but also if your sending a message to another carrier than verizon
    07-14-09 05:55 PM
    Recently my BBM wasn't sending or receiving but I was getting txts. I did a batt pull and it fixed the prob. Been fine since then

07-14-09 08:28 PM
    Make sure to do a battery pull but idk when I had that ppl were not getting my messages but when I did quick pull booms it was fix

07-14-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD