my red button is very loose I am watching it if it falls off I will just take it back and hope for a better make phone! so far though this is the only real complaint I have had.
    Shawn
    12-17-08 08:18 PM
    Add me to the list of loose red button complainers. I brought it to the store and showed them that only the one key is that bad. They denied it, said it should be fine.

I said I'd be back when it falls off completely.
    12-17-08 08:27 PM
    Add me to the list of loose red button complainers. I brought it to the store and showed them that only the one key is that bad. They denied it, said it should be fine.

I said I'd be back when it falls off completely.
    That's BS. Bring it back and tell them I have a WORRY FREE guarantee. You tell them you are worried about the device and they can either send you a replacement, or you are just going to return it an order another anyways.
    12-17-08 08:29 PM
    Yeah i had the loose red key too and verizon gave me that whole i don't see anything wrong. BS so i told them give me and new one and they ordered it and a week later a new came but looking at it I can say don't think the build is any better. I just want use any of the slide in cases any more i only use the snap in ones now.
    12-17-08 08:37 PM
    I just got my replacement shipped to me, screen works much better but the hard buttons are terrible on this one, had the red end button and the center rocker button with the back arrow and blackberry button.

First one was built in CA this on was from Mex, probably just a bad one from the plant, but wondering if anyone else is having the button issue has them from Mexico vs CA or if that matters
    12-17-08 09:01 PM
    The "END" key on mine came off after the first 4 days of use. Received a replacement within 3 days, however it had MAJOR problems with screen clicking.

Mine was built in Canada.
    12-17-08 11:39 PM
    Two days and my buttons are falling off. Its from the slide-in case.

In case some of you have Verizon, like me, I'm gonna give you the heads-up with their "insurance".

First of all, since I only had the phone two (2) days, I was within the 30-day "grace-period" or whatever they call it, where I actually get a brand new Storm sent to me as a replacement. Yay.

If the buttons had fallen off more than thirty (30) days after I purchased the phone, they would have sent me a refurbished one. Apparently, that's what my $6/month insurance gets me. (I was told the insurance extended the manufacturer warranty from one to two years so I smell a class-action lawsuit). God I wish I wasn't doing commercial collections. I'd clean up on just doing class actions against cell phone companies, for real.

I love this next part. Then the Verizon rep wants to know if there are any scratches or anything else wrong with the phone. If I send the phone back to them with anything else wrong with it, I'll be charged full-price for a brand new Storm.

C'mon you civil lit lawyers out there. Class action baby. Get on it.
    12-22-08 07:33 PM
    Two days and my buttons are falling off. Its from the slide-in case.

In case some of you have Verizon, like me, I'm gonna give you the heads-up with their "insurance".

First of all, since I only had the phone two (2) days, I was within the 30-day "grace-period" or whatever they call it, where I actually get a brand new Storm sent to me as a replacement. Yay.

If the buttons had fallen off more than thirty (30) days after I purchased the phone, they would have sent me a refurbished one. Apparently, that's what my $6/month insurance gets me. (I was told the insurance extended the manufacturer warranty from one to two years so I smell a class-action lawsuit). God I wish I wasn't doing commercial collections. I'd clean up on just doing class actions against cell phone companies, for real.

I love this next part. Then the Verizon rep wants to know if there are any scratches or anything else wrong with the phone. If I send the phone back to them with anything else wrong with it, I'll be charged full-price for a brand new Storm.

C'mon you civil lit lawyers out there. Class action baby. Get on it.
    You may want to call and ask that question again. The phones have a one year warranty against manufacturer defect. Insurance covers you against anything that isn't a manufacturer defect (lost, stolen, water damage, dropped on concrete, etc.). If you call in for a replacement for defect and the device you return is water damaged, then yes, they could charge you full retail price for it.
    12-22-08 07:47 PM
    my end key used to be pretty solid

about a week into it and it seems to be loosening up a bit

we'll see if it falls off

a replacement looks possible now
    12-22-08 08:09 PM
    You may want to call and ask that question again. The phones have a one year warranty against manufacturer defect. Insurance covers you against anything that isn't a manufacturer defect (lost, stolen, water damage, dropped on concrete, etc.). If you call in for a replacement for defect and the device you return is water damaged, then yes, they could charge you full retail price for it.
    There's 2 insurance plans. A $5 one and $6 one. The $6 one per month extends the 1 year manufacturer's warranty to 2 years.
    12-22-08 09:01 PM
    There's 2 insurance plans. A $5 one and $6 one. The $6 one per month extends the 1 year manufacturer's warranty to 2 years.
    You can never go wrong with insurance.
    12-22-08 09:24 PM
    I've only had my phone 2 days and I am already noticing something funky about my red button and now my green button is starting to kind of do the same thing. Both are becoming harder to push. They don't have that nice bounce like the blackberry button and back button. I have not used any type of case or cover, and have taken extremely good care of my phone since its been purchased. I'm glad to hear im not crazy, and not the only one frustrated with these dang buttons. I don't know if it would be worth it to take it back to my local verizon store since I would probably get another phone with the same problem, since it seems like a lot of people are having this issue. The button issue is the only real complaint I have being a virgin to this whole blackberry world.
    12-22-08 09:46 PM
    My green button is feeling loose had storm for twenty days if it falls off ill hour it instead of getting a refurb one with a bad screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 12:28 PM
    For some reason I expected to see a lot of the same issues. my red button flipped up and is barely hanging on after sliding it into my leather flip case. It looks like a flipped up finger nail and I don't know which is more painful. I just switched from a TREO and I'm shocked at how poorly the storm is in comparison. But hardware stability is the least of my worries. I bought it for the full JAVA supported browsing. Did I miss something here also because I can't access any of my work web sites. I'll be sending this back in with a boot in the pants to the marketing folks. BB Storm 2 out of 5 rating from me.
    02-03-09 07:41 PM
    Crazy but true, within 1 week of each other, the green phone, red hangup and middle button surrounding the trackball ALL fell off. There is a cheap blue glue under there that seems to just not work very well.

I used a drop of the gel type superglue and things are fine. However, the seesaw design of the menu/backup button is really poor. You have to move far to the left or right to engage them. & yes, these top 4 buttons all feel really thin and somewhat cheap.

Granted the keyboard feels much sturdier than the 8300 series, RIM failed on these top buttons.
    03-18-09 10:21 AM
    My BB/Back button fell off yesterday. I pulled it out of my jeans pocket to find no blackberry/back button. I then found the button by itself in the bottom of my pocket.

I have some pictures, but cannot post any links/images yet since I just registered. Someone want me to email them the pics so they can post them?
    06-13-09 08:23 PM
    My BB/Back button fell off yesterday. I pulled it out of my jeans pocket to find no blackberry/back button. I then found the button by itself in the bottom of my pocket.

I have some pictures, but cannot post any links/images yet since I just registered. Someone want me to email them the pics so they can post them?
    you can email me them i will post them, funny because the same two middle buttons fell off mine 2 hours ago lol
    06-27-09 06:21 PM
    My end call button fell off the other day when I pulled my phone out of the holster. I went to the Verizon store today and they are going to ship me a new one within 2 days. No insurance claim necessary.
    11-03-09 12:27 PM
    It's a known issue, and a warranty claim, it's under your 1 year warranty.
    11-03-09 12:31 PM
    But if you went to the bathroom in the woods, and nobody was there to hear it... did it really happen?
    Yes, because something is probably around to eat it.
    11-03-09 12:39 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD