Be very careful if you have you have the pouch from Verizon. Mine is a very snug fit and I almost had the red button completely ripped off before I realized it and stopped. The label on the back says "RIMSTORMPCH" with UPC code# 738516311685.

If you are getting this case be careful or don't get it at all. I will probably return my today.

Very worried about it now. Thank God it seemed to click right back into place. The keys on the bottom are slightly raised compared to the curved part on the bottom. Makes them vulnerable to this I guess as they kind of stick up more than they probably should.
    11-21-08 08:28 AM
    I don't like that new pouch. I am using the holster from my curve. Excellent fit.
    11-21-08 08:38 AM
    This could be the reason why the pouch was recalled.
    11-21-08 08:40 AM
    Sorry to belabor the point, but what pouch/case are you talking about? The plain leather pouch that has no holster? Or are you talking about the leather holster with clip?
    11-21-08 08:44 AM
    I will be returning mine this afternoon. I will use the one from my curve. It is much nicer looking than the storm pouch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 08:45 AM
    I'd call it plain but I guess that's relative to what isn't plain

It's black with gray stitching. Has the RIM logo pressed into the leather on the flap.

This could be the reason why the pouch was recalled.
    If it's recalled... Why did they sell it to me?

WTS: Leather pouch for storm. lol
    11-21-08 08:48 AM
    FWIW they have a silicone cover that also covers all the buttons on the bottom. I think I'm going to get that so they keys can't get snagged on anything.
    11-21-08 08:55 AM
    I bought the leather pouch at the store.. it seems to fit nicely, thanks for the heads up though, I will keep an eye on it.
    11-21-08 09:05 AM
    yo, these buttons are just crappy. my red button is super wiggly-loose and i don't use a holster. vodafone customers are pissed about their buttons getting ripped off in the case the phone came with...

cases aren't the big issue...these crappy buttons are...too bad...
    11-23-08 09:41 PM
    My pouch seems fine. It holds snugly, but not too tight. Thanks for the heads up, though.
    11-23-08 09:49 PM
    yo, these buttons are just crappy. my red button is super wiggly-loose and i don't use a holster. vodafone customers are pissed about their buttons getting ripped off in the case the phone came with...

Blackberry is releasing a case on 12/5/08...makes no sense why there was a lack of accessories for such a widely anticipated release...
    11-23-08 09:51 PM
    the pouch isnt getting recalled its the holster
    11-23-08 09:53 PM
    I will be returning mine this afternoon. I will use the one from my curve. It is much nicer looking than the storm pouch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Does the magnet put it put it to sleep?
    11-23-08 09:56 PM
    Does the magnet put it put it to sleep?
    Yes, I too am using the Blackberry Belt Pouch with the flap that goes over the top of the phone that was designed for the Curve. Good fit as the Storm is only a bit taller than the Curve, and the magnet on the pouch still catches the magnet on the flap. It does put it to sleep.
    11-23-08 10:02 PM

What red button? The power button?
    11-23-08 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD