OK here is one for you guys! I have a strange icon on my screen ! No one at Verizion can tell me what it is and what it means . To start off it just appeared on its own ! When in a phone call it appears just below the volume indicator. And just above the number 3. It is shaped like a rectangle and has 5 x's going from the bottom left corner of the rectangle to the top right corner ! It has all the tech nerds baffled !!!!!! The only thing i have wrong with the phone besides the normal crap is i can not dial 1-888- number ? Can anyone help me out with this strange icon ? BTW it does nothing when you touch it !!!

Thanks Chip
    01-27-09 10:30 PM
    How about giving us a screen shot? We trust your description, but in the future, anyone finding this forum with the same problem might find it helpful as well. And, it will probably help us in identifying it too.
    01-27-09 10:36 PM
    Does the Storm have an audio equalizer function while in a call? Could that be the icon?
    01-27-09 10:38 PM
    Nah it doesn't.
    01-27-09 10:39 PM
    Well, so much for ignorant guesses! I'm surprised an owner hasn't piped in with the answer by now.
    01-27-09 10:43 PM
    Pictures are worth 1000 words...
    01-27-09 10:44 PM
    It's the icon that indicates you have Audio Enhancement activated during calls.
    01-27-09 11:16 PM
    I'm glad we got a good response. But my question is.....if he were to take a screenshot (that I know how to do) how exactly do you add it to your post?
    01-27-09 11:46 PM
    Sorry but I took the phone in and they gave up and gave me a new one LOL ! Gotta love tech support !
    01-31-09 07:53 AM
    And I still dont know why i could not dial a 1-866 number ????? Another Bug ??
    01-31-09 07:54 AM
    I guess one of the more advanced form users could turn on the audio enhancement and take a screen shot ! I am not messing with the settings LOL the phone is working and I have not had to do a battery pull yet !!! Crossing fingers knowing it is just a matter of time !
    01-31-09 07:57 AM
    I'm glad we got a good response. But my question is.....if he were to take a screenshot (that I know how to do) how exactly do you add it to your post?

Take the shot with an external digital camera, download the shot to your favorite server, link it as you would any other image to your message (embed).
    01-31-09 08:03 AM
    Try this:

Phone
    Menu
    Options
    General Options
    Enhanced Call Audio: Normal-Boost Bass-Boost Treble.

Does the Storm have that? Is the box half blue and half black?

If so, that's Enhanced Call Audio. Change it to Normal and it will not be there when you're on a call.

It should also disappear when speaker phone is on.

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-31-09 at 08:53 AM.
    01-31-09 08:03 AM
    To take a screen shot, download this app: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cap...capture-94853/

Send the image to your flickr or photobucket and then copy the image address [img] into your post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 08:08 AM
    Have the image/picture u want to post, hosted in an online image hosting service like Photobucket ( link: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket )

Once saved, hover over photo to drop down option box and right click copy "direct link"

In the "Reply to Thread" window....at the top there is an icon for Insert Image, looks like a Mountain with sun/moon overhead....click that, right click paste the Direct Link (make sure u clear the http:// that automatically comes up when u open the insert image box or it will have 2 when u right click paste)

Then the image will appear.....GO CELTICS!!

Last edited by bg0508; 01-31-09 at 08:16 AM.
    01-31-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD