My wife and I each have storm's. When we send picture's, they show up sideways on the other storm. we can go in to menu and rotate but its a pain in the a**. Any ideas whats going on here.
    05-16-09 06:29 PM
    The camera is meant to be used in landscape, with the Phone/Menu/Back/End buttons in your right hand (volume/shutter button on top). If you take pictures in portrait, they are technically "sideways". There is no way to rotate them and save them again on the phone. Best way is to put them on the computer, then rotate them there (if you have to take the picture in portrait).
    05-16-09 06:34 PM
    Ok. Thats a new one for me. are all BB's that way or just the storm.
    05-16-09 06:47 PM
    Ok. Thats a new one for me. are all BB's that way or just the storm.
    As far as I know, just the Storm. I'm not sure about the others. I think because of the Storm's shape and screen size, it seemed natural to have the phone in landscape to take a picture. When you're using it, think of the shape of a normal camera... normal cameras are used by default with the shutter on top... if you take a portrait picture with a normal camera, the shutter button would be on the side.
    05-16-09 06:49 PM
    This is also something that's been fixed in later OS revisions. If you're on .75 (the Verizon supported OS versions) then that's another reason for it.
    05-16-09 06:50 PM
    This is also something that's been fixed in later OS revisions. If you're on .75 (the Verizon supported OS versions) then that's another reason for it.
    Now THAT is good to know... I had not read that about the newer builds. That's cool!
    05-16-09 06:51 PM
    im running .141
    05-16-09 07:01 PM
    yeah, given that the phone has an accelerometer and knows which way is up, no matter how you're holding it, then it should be a simple programming matter to have the pics save correctly. Thankfully its been fixed now.
    05-16-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD