I had issues with my phone on rebooting itself constantly on Sunday. I went to the Verizon store and they were unable to assist me, but sent me a new one.

I managed to get the phone working again by following the instructions in the 101 forum. thanks!

I ended up updating the phone to the leaked .75 OS and backed it up using DM.

I just activated the phone minutes ago and have a couple questions..

Should I now restore the backup I created on sunday? Will it restore all my phone settings, but keep the phone at version .65 it came with?

Will the back-up also bring back my 2 email accounts that I set up using IMAP and BIS? On the new phone they didn't appear automatically.. I'm not sure if I need to add them again.. or what to do.

WHen I went into the email settings wizard, it connects to BB, but it wants me to create an account. I have already done that on my old phone.. not sure what to do!

THanks so much! Loving this phone.. but wow.. lots to learn!!

Jamie
    12-04-08 12:52 PM
    bb support should be able to walk you through the process call 8009220204 from land line
    12-04-08 01:02 PM
    Thanks.. any other options besides calling?
    12-04-08 01:31 PM
    Dont create a new email. Close out the wizard at that point, resend your service books, and load your most recent backup. That's it.
    12-04-08 02:06 PM
    Calling blackberry is the most ******** thing I have heard. Do you still have the old storm? If so use the device switch wizard in dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD