sorry i tried to do a search on this and read alot but didnt get the answer. how do you reboot without removing batery? thanx!
    05-07-09 02:45 PM
    You can use a program called QuickPull. Search for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 02:48 PM
    Yep, QuickPoll. One of the greatest BB apps evar.
    05-07-09 02:53 PM
    thanx guys and/or gals
    05-07-09 03:02 PM
    You can also do a soft reset by holding the power button.

05-07-09 03:09 PM

*hard reset

Quickpull definitely works the best, but you should occasionally do a full battery pull
    05-07-09 04:27 PM
    Quick pull works great unless the screen freezes up. There is no way to access it so you still have to physically remove the battery. Would be nice if there was a master reset button or a combo of buttons to hold to reset.

05-07-09 04:39 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was always that a "soft reset" referred to a general reboot where power is removed from the device and the operating system is restarted.

A "hard reset" refers to reinstalling device operating software and starting all over.

The power button on a BlackBerry doesn't reset anything, it merely puts the phone into a state of low power consumption. It has no effect on the actual operation of the phone.

Pulling your battery or using QuickPull is a "soft reset" by definition since it is restarting the operating system.
    05-07-09 04:44 PM
    Quick pull works great unless the screen freezes up. There is no way to access it so you still have to physically remove the battery. Would be nice if there was a master reset button or a combo of buttons to hold to reset.

This is true too. Fortunately I haven't had that problem since the .8x OS's!
    05-07-09 04:45 PM
    I use meterberry to schedule a reset at 3:00 am every night, works great and I have not had to pull the battery since.
    05-07-09 04:47 PM
    This is true too. Fortunately I haven't had that problem since the .8x OS's!
    Lucky you. I have got it to freeze pretty solid on every OS I have tried. Generally downloading or playing videos.

05-07-09 04:51 PM
    Is SoftReset any better or worse that Quick pull? Just curious. Thanks.
    05-07-09 04:54 PM
    Another Storm app named Meterberry works great and has many other tools including a reset device button
    05-07-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD