I have a case for my storm...it's a little more of a pain to pull the battery, but I have.
    02-07-09 03:33 PM
    Let's try again, please listen close. You NEED to toggle compatability mode, get it? The apps work just fine once you LEARN how to install and use them.
    Dude said, at the top of this page, that he turned off compat. mode. Be gentle lol ragin on peeps in trouble is bad karma

I'm glad everybody is having no problems with QuickPull...but I have had problems so I posted what I thought would be helpful not expecting to to get all these responses saying how much they love QuickPull and I must just be having serious problems with my Storm. Sorry that's not the case, my storm works great. I'm glad QuickPull seems to work for everybody but me. Just wondering, if QuickPull is so flawless for the storm then why is it listed as "May not be compatable, try at your own risk" on Blackberry Storm Wiki.
    I know it's frustrating to want a tool to work, and it wont. I've been there with some apps. I'm sure your storm is fine. The app install probably got screwy somewhere. Just delete, reinstall and reboot. Then disable compat. mode.

Hope it works right!
    02-07-09 03:37 PM
    Why is a batt pull the only thing that resets uptime?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 03:40 PM
    Quickpull works great for me so long as the device isn't actually frozen/not responding.
    02-07-09 03:41 PM
    tag thanks
    02-07-09 04:13 PM
    I appreciate your response catbertz.
    02-07-09 04:36 PM
    did you change the permissions on the app?
    02-07-09 05:02 PM
    I love it when a user has a problem with an app and immediately makes a blanket statement that the application does not work and everyone beware!

1 - first, search and find out if any others are having the same problem.
    2 - second ask about the problem in general, see what answers or solutions are provided

Maybe after 1 and 2, you would find an answer or at least realize that the vast majority of users are not having any problems which would then equate to the fact that the problem is on YOUR side.

As for as the Storm Wiki ..... that is not FACT! It was written when the Storm was just introduced. Many apps were not known if they were compatible at that time!
    02-07-09 05:14 PM
    Quick pull works since I installed it after I read this post
    02-07-09 06:59 PM
    QuickPull was a little flaky for me, so I tried SoftReset and have used it ever since. I only have to pull the battery on those rare occasions when the phone locks up. BTW, that is almost always at 5:15 am when I am trying to hit the snooze button just one more time (or so it seems) on the Storm in bedside mode.
    02-07-09 09:18 PM
    BTW, that is almost always at 5:15 am when I am trying to hit the snooze button just one more time (or so it seems) on the Storm in bedside mode.
    That is the "Get out of Bed" app. secretly installed by RIM. lol
    02-07-09 09:34 PM
    None of them work for me...
    02-07-09 11:20 PM
    Using SoftReset here with good results...

02-08-09 12:06 AM
    Quickpull and Softreset are NOT the same as a battery pull. Like a poster mentioned earlier, both QP and SR dont reset the uptime timer like a battery pull does.

I had Aerize Alerts that would work without the serial number even when I used SR repeatedly but when I decided to do a battery pull, I got an error upon reboot saying that the trial period has ended and I would have to enter my serial number.

There is no current method of fully simulating a battery pull.
    02-08-09 08:33 PM
    Has anyone tried simultaneous holding down the alt, shift an del key until your device does a hard reset?
    03-15-09 10:06 AM
    so what does the paper clip hole on the bottom of the storm do?
    03-15-09 10:26 AM
    That would be the microphone.

03-15-09 10:34 AM
    Really? Paper clip hole? Just kidding. That's the mic.
    03-15-09 10:34 AM
    Doh....good thing I asked
    03-15-09 11:11 AM
    Has anyone tried simultaneous holding down the alt, shift an del key until your device does a hard reset?
    With the integrated SurePress technology, it doesn't work. It does work on the Bold and Curve where there's a QWERTY keyboard, though.
    03-15-09 11:23 AM
    Quick pull was the answer for me. Been using it for awhile. Just press the icon and it reboots. I also do a physical pull every now and then though.
    03-15-09 11:30 AM
    i know it's been 9 months but... you can press and hold alt, then press and hold the capitalize button and then press del and it should restart it.
    01-07-10 04:58 PM
    i know it's been 9 months but... you can press and hold alt, then press and hold the capitalize button and then press del and it should restart it.
    The 95XX doesn't support multi-touch on the keyboard that would be necessary to carry out that procedure. Dialing ##000000 and adding vzw to the SIP Password will do the same thing as you noted is possible with QWERTY keyboard Blackberries.
    01-07-10 06:57 PM
    i wish the new OS would hav a reboot botton,,,
    01-07-10 07:32 PM
    works great for me also
    01-08-10 01:23 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD