You're right...I apologize. It was a little childish
    Well, I for one accept your apology.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 08:24 PM
    How will you learn about a device if you don't ask the one person who has seen and played with the device. Grow up. I thought this was a public forum. And if my memory serves me correct, I don't recall your initial post saying any of the above!

You're right...I apologize. It was a little childish
    appology accepted

i understand your desire to ask questions. no, i am not looking for credit on the thread, nor am i scared that someone would take over the thread... but the point i was trying to make was that it would be nice to leave this thread devoid of questions like what you posted, rather only having confirmed and speculated information posted, that's all.
    09-22-08 10:36 PM
    Whoa that media player looks SLICK! Haven't seen those pics before!

let it be known that on one form or another (here, or over on HoFo) Crucial Xtreme has said that those pics of the camera app, etc are from an old build of the software... they may or may not be accurate any longer.
    09-22-08 11:23 PM
    Ok guys, here it is. This will be my final post until the retail release around 11/1-11/3. I present to you the final hardware specs for the Blackberry Storm.

EVDO Rev A: ( 1900/800 MHz)
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    UTMS/HSDPA/HSUPA: 2100MHZ
    Wifi: None

Size: 112.52 x 62.2 x 13.95 mm

Screen 3.25 " HVGA+ 480x360 Multi-touch, Gesture Touch

Battery: 1400mAh (removable! take that IPhone!)

Memory: 1GB flash for media/ 192 meg ram

Camera: 3.2 MP camera, vanity mirror, no flash

Audio: 3.5mm jack, bluetooth stereo, Rhapsody OTA purchase and tethered subscription capable

Browser: Every feature the IPhone safari webkit has, minus support for tabs. No flash support.

This has been a wild ride. I can't wait to talk to you all again soon. Until November rolls around, I bid you all adieu. Much love,

-Kev
    09-23-08 12:57 AM
    Wow.

09-23-08 01:07 AM
    And thank you!

09-23-08 01:08 AM
    I present to you the final hardware specs for the Blackberry Storm.
    Wifi: None
    Screen 3.25 " HVGA+ 480x360 Multi-touch, Gesture Touch
    Browser: Every feature the IPhone safari webkit has, minus support for tabs. No flash support.
    -Kev
    Wow, what a let down. I mean, it's fine for an iPhone competitor, but I was expecting much more from RIM, namely a VGA screen and flash support... I guess I'm not going to purchase this right away after all... I'll wait for the HTC Touch Pro release to see how badly it's been gimped by Verizon... Not that the Storm won't end up the better device, but it's definately not the landslide it could have been.

*And I know the touch pro isn't in the same class as the Storm, but they would both fit my needs.*
    Last edited by c4v3man; 09-23-08 at 01:55 AM.
    09-23-08 01:38 AM
    Interesting.. Thanks Kevin!

Any word on the processor speed?
    09-23-08 02:42 AM
    As long as the GPS is either disabled or requires VZ Nav... I'll say nope. I will stick with my ATT Curve thank you.
    09-23-08 02:54 AM
    I thought someone pointed out that they had spotted flash support on the Minute with Mike video? Oh well. Shame about the screen. Was hoping for resolution greater than was is on the Bold. I'm losing some hope but still have some that the actual specs are better than what kev gave.

09-23-08 03:37 AM
    This is pretty much what I've been expecting - but hoping for more.

Kevin didn't mention any pre-installed memory, however we can assume that the box didn't lie about that, right?

The biggest letdowns in my opinion the lack of flash support and the screen res.

Flash support would have really been nice to have, and would really set the browsing experience apart from anything we've seen.

As far as screen res is concerned, we'd been expecting the 480x360 display all along, but I was really hoping for VGA 640x480- especially the way that Verizon is hyping up the display. The Javelin has the same 480x360 display on a screen that's about 2/3 the size of the Storm's. The Storm does, however, still have a slightly higher pixel density than the iphone.
    09-23-08 03:50 AM
    I was so psyched for the 8GB included memory. I guess this isn't the case anymore.

And I agree with Esoteric, the flash support would have really been nice. It's the biggest thing the iPhone is missing (if you believe Apple's marketing campaign, it could render anything).

The screen res was kind of expected and I'm also gonna take this as official confirmation that there will be no slide out QWERTY. I really hate the iPhone's touch screen for typing, hopefully RIM will make it easier.

This is all moot, because I'm quite sure I will be shelling out 500 big ones, or whatever it's going to cost me for an early upgrade on Day 1.
    Last edited by kevin.py; 09-23-08 at 04:14 AM.
    09-23-08 04:05 AM
    I'm upset that there is no WiFi or camera flash. Having the 8830 now, these are two features that I was really looking forward to. Oh well ... Either way, it will be a much anticipated upgrade for me from the 8830.

09-23-08 05:06 AM

odd, in this picture of in camera mode there is an option tab for the flash to be on or not. Not saying it is a deal breaker but doubling my curve as a emergency flashlight has saved me many times
    09-23-08 05:14 AM
    I don't get why everyone is BITC HING about the screen resolution...WTF... When the Bold came out, it was said by many the it's screen was the best on the market. Then Kevin just did a review on the Javelin and he said(plus I know) that it's screen looks better than the Bolds. So WTF people? The bottom line is NOTHING is never good enough, they can NEVER win.....
    09-23-08 06:06 AM
    Am I mistaken or do the box pics indicate an 8GB SD card?

I also wish there was more onboard memory. With music soon to be released on SD cards from major labels, it would be sick if one could copy it to the Blackberry then back onto the card without having to use a computer.
    09-23-08 06:10 AM
    I don't get why everyone is BITC HING about the screen resolution...WTF... When the Bold came out, it was said by many the it's screen was the best on the market. Then Kevin just did a review on the Javelin and he said(plus I know) that it's screen looks better than the Bolds. So WTF people? The bottom line is NOTHING is never good enough, they can NEVER win.....
    And when I say many, I mean people who have done reviews,BB users, Iphone users, etc. It is known the Bold had the best screen res of any phone. And now the 95xx has better, but it's not good enough. I just don't get it....
    09-23-08 06:20 AM
    I think they are really screwing up waiting until November. It's not impulsive to say it either. You can always wait until the Holiday's, but if you have a solid product ,the hype machine will take care of itself. Using that logic, the new Ipods would still be collecting dust in a warehouse. They didn't wait because of their brand recognition and Apple knows they will sell. I believe "Blackberry" fits into this category especially a touchscreen one. Their recognition and brand loyalty is as strong as any other and the sooner the product releases the more they can change the attach rate outcome of some of the other devices.

There is a ton of competition out there between Android and the obvious. If RIM Really trusts their product they need to push VZW to release this sooner rather than later. Why let customers looking for a touchscreen device see what the competition is bring to the table when in one crushing blow they can dominate.? The 3-D Renderings on the website and the e-mails don't quite cut it. There is skepticism and they need to take an aggressive approach with their previews and then release in a timely manner.
    09-23-08 06:25 AM
    Good job Kev. Here is the 9500-->

Spy Shots Prove Existence of GSM-Only Storm | BlackBerryNews.com
    09-23-08 06:30 AM
    Specs look good. However, Both the Curve and Pearls have flash on their camera. Why would RIM leave something like that out??? Especially on a 3.2 MP camera? That really bugs me. One thing I hated about my Voyager was the lack of flash on the camera and I loved how good of a flash the Curve had. I assumed that the Curve and Pearl had flash on their camera that this would too. Oh well
    09-23-08 06:35 AM
    As you can see, the 9500 will run on AT&T 3G..
    09-23-08 06:37 AM
    As you can see, the 9500 will run on AT&T 3G..
    Damn! I was looking at the pic on the website you linked to.
    I was hoping they would highlight the specifications instead of the phone. We already know what the phone looks like. I was more interested in the specs beside the picture. Bummer
    09-23-08 06:41 AM
    I just blew up the picture of the 9500 and I'm pretty sure the specs say it has a flash and image stabalization.
    09-23-08 06:47 AM
    I just blew up the picture of the 9500 and I'm pretty sure the specs say it has a flash and image stabalization.
    Will you post it up??
    09-23-08 06:48 AM
    I saw that too! I see 3.2, flash.

Here is what I got (Sorry if its a little unclear, but you should still be able to make out the word flash.)

09-23-08 06:54 AM
217 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD