I get this white screen with a little tiny box that says error or something, happens almost so fast you can't read it and then the phone takes about 2 minutes to restart. I get it occasionally when I am sending and text or something, never when scrolling ringtones.
    Ditto. I was thinking of taking it back because of this. But I love my phone. This is the only problem that I'm having, and it's rather annoying!
    03-14-09 10:14 PM
    are you running the OS it was shipped with or a beta?
    03-14-09 10:23 PM
    Add me to this long list. Mine atleast does it 2 times a day. Hope that the new update helps.
    03-14-09 10:28 PM
    I am running .75 which is what it shipped with and I have very few 3rd party apps. As of late my Berry seems to have a mind of its own and is restarting about 3-4 times a day. It restarted once while I was on a call! I have no clue as to what is driving this but its a royal pain!
    03-14-09 10:30 PM
    Mine did it once in the middle of a txt. And I have a ton of ringtones and full track music on my storm. But it took it about 15 mins to restart after I pulled the battery. But I have to pull my battery at least 3 times per week sometimes more. I really hope this new upgrade fixes this when it comes out!
    03-14-09 10:43 PM
    same problem here still. i am on my second storm, am seeing fewer restarts then the first (YAY) but still one or two or three. when i am getting a text usually. but the phone itself works fine. the touch screen is better on my second one also. more crisp and precise. the VZW people are urging me to wait for the official update which they swear is coming very soon and not to do any leaked software. which i am scared to do anyways!
    03-14-09 11:03 PM
    I've been having the reset issue for the last couple weeks. sometimes only once a day..other days 3 or 4 times a day. It's increasingly frustrating me and makes me hate my Storm..but I am holding out for the new update..if it still happens after the official OS release I might just give up on the Storm.
    03-15-09 03:57 PM
    I also find that my phone will shut down and reboot randomly when I am in the middle of typing a text message. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does happen, that's what I'm doing. It happens at no other time. Very strange.
    03-15-09 04:02 PM
    ya happens to me randomly too.. i was posting on wap.crackberry.com and it restarted right before i hit post reply... so i didnt feel like re writing the post.. oh well
    03-15-09 04:05 PM
    What os are yall usin?
    03-15-09 04:14 PM
    I just got my storm this past week and had same issue. I had no apps downloaded jus what came from the factory. My storm was so jacked up that it wouldn't even transfer my contacts to new one they gave me!!! Verizon claims it was faulty equipment and they had never seen such. SO far new storm is working well. They did recommend that while phone is on u take battery out then put back in and let phone reboot itself...do this once a week.
    03-15-09 05:02 PM
    hi i have been reading the posts on this thread about the storm resetting its self at numerous times a day. what i have found out it seems to be an application that is causing this problem. on my storm i had two apps on it one was Facebook and the other was CNN. well the first one i downloaded was Facebook from the blackberry apps from RIM which this is when my storm started to restart its self and i paid no attention to it because i only had my storm for a day. then i downloaded the CNN app then the strom started to reset its self quiet frequently and regularly on specific times of the day (mine was always in the morning and right on 7:30pm). so how did i solve this problem? i deleted CNN from my storm first to see if this was causing the problem and to find out it wasnt! its actually the FACEBOOK app from RIM. i did a full wipe on my storm ( options > security options > general settings > Menu button > wipe handheld. U WILL LOSE YOUR CONTACTS ) after i did this i noticed that the Facebook app was still on the phone (which was weird) so i went to ( options > advanced options > applications ) and personally deleted the facebook app. the facebook app STILL didnt go away under my app folder on the storm, BUT my storm has NOT restarted for 24 hours now and i finally can fall n love with my storm! the facebook app is now a smaller F and still says facebook on it and when u click it its just a link to facebook.com. i hope this helps all the storm users out there the only downside i'm finding to the storm is that u just cant have apps but u can experiment with the apps by dowloading one at a time and do a week trial run on them to see if your storm starts resetting if not then your good to go.
    03-28-09 12:00 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD