Yesterday my screen stopped working so I went into verizon and they replaced my phone (9530). I went home and it was working great, when I went to plug it into my computer I got a WSOD that said MTP error and restarted the phone. I tried on two different computers at home both with desktop manager on them but both of them cause this error and restart as soon as i plug it in so im not able to update the os, backup, restore, or do anything via my computer. I went back into verizon today and switched out phones again, luckily I took my laptop in with me to test it out. This phone is doing the same thing. We plugged it into the computer at verizon and hooked it up to desktop manager and it worked fine. So obviously im thinking its my computer. Any ideas on what to try guys?
    03-21-10 11:25 AM
    Yesterday my screen stopped working so I went into verizon and they replaced my phone (9530). I went home and it was working great, when I went to plug it into my computer I got a WSOD that said MTP error and restarted the phone. I tried on two different computers at home both with desktop manager on them but both of them cause this error and restart as soon as i plug it in so im not able to update the os, backup, restore, or do anything via my computer. I went back into verizon today and switched out phones again, luckily I took my laptop in with me to test it out. This phone is doing the same thing. We plugged it into the computer at verizon and hooked it up to desktop manager and it worked fine. So obviously im thinking its my computer. Any ideas on what to try guys?
    OK, try this please:

Turn off the computer, have the BB turned on, plug the BB into the computer, turn on the computer with the BB plugged in. Does that resolve the issue?
    03-21-10 11:52 AM
    No. As soon as the computer boots windows my bb WSOD and restarts.
    03-21-10 12:00 PM
    I had the same problem, let me ask you, are you trying to plug it into a windows 7 or vista computer? If so try it on a Windows xp system. I had to wipe the device and reisntall either the official or the elaked it does not matter back onto the device and then it worked on all vista and windows 7 systems. I ope that helps, it fixed my problem.
    03-21-10 03:23 PM
    No I tried it on both a windows 7 system and a xp system. It restarts on both. But the xp computer at verizon and my buddies vista system had no problem hooking up and running desktop manager. The only thing different about my computers is that I have synced my bb on them before.
    03-21-10 03:36 PM
    hmm I would try to reinstall an os on the phone on one of the working computers
    03-21-10 04:29 PM
    Yea I just used a friends computer and did it that way. Im just wondering whats te issue on my computers.
    03-21-10 04:34 PM
    I thought the same thing but after i reinstalled the os it worked on all computers, I read somewhere im sorry I forget where but It has to do with extra files that the service provider put on the device. But its not in the office osupgrade from them.
    03-21-10 06:03 PM
    Still having problems.. Anyone have any ideas?
    04-07-10 08:35 AM
    I just found a fix.

I had the same problem with my sisters Storm 1 (which was her 3rd replacement phone from VZ). After searching all over the forums I couldn't find any helpful solutions. I was about to give up on it when I decided to pull the battery out while connected to the USB and held down the red power / hang up button until the red led turned off. The next thing the phone turned off and on and the no battery indicator came on the screen. At this point I saw my computer register the device and ran app loader from inside the blackberry master control panel that is included in the Lyrical hybrids and my computer was able to see the device (although I think you can just run app loader from the RIM folders). The application reload went smooth except for a small hiccup in which the computer could not see the device after the initial step and app loader prompted me to disconnect the device. All I had to do was I had to do was unplug, and reconnect the device and repeat holding the power button down until the no battery symbol came on. The rest was down hill. Installed the lyricidal 0.632 hybird and now the S1 connect to my desktop without any problems. Well it's only been 20 minutes so if anything goes wrong I will post and update. Hope this will help a lot of people out.

1. Connect to computer with battery out
    2. Hold down the red power/disconnect button until led turns off, then release. The no battery icon should appear in middle of the screen.
    3. Run app loader
    4. after initial step if app loader tells you to disconnect - unplug device and then reconnect it and repeat step 2.
    5. Once no battery icon re-appears click continue on app loader.

Good luck.
    Last edited by crkbry-dpndncc; 05-18-10 at 01:04 AM.
    05-18-10 12:07 AM
    Last night I had the same problem for the first time. I was running .328 and plugging into XP being run on a mac via bootcamp. I was going to install my first leak and then a hybrid. Had to use a different computer, another mac, also running XP via bootcamp. Installed lyricidal's 692 hybrid and this morning my storm happily connects to the first computer that was causing the resets last night. In my case at least, it couldn't be the computer's fault, I used two different USB cables, so it had to be the storm OS or an app's fault. FWIW
    05-18-10 09:41 AM
    I did have them same problem...
    Picked-up a replacement STORM, plugged it into my computer to restore my settings. And it would do continuous reboots. Tried on another computer and did the same thing. I then shutdown my computer, plugged the phone into the usb port and then started the computer... and it worked fine. Have not had any other problems, even plugged it back into the other computer while it was on and had no problem. I really don't see how that "fixed" anything, it just did.
    05-18-10 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD