Last night as I checked Facebook on my Storm, it suddenly rebooted. The reboot took around 3 minutes. Shortly afterwards, it did it again.
    By now the battery was showing darn near completely empty so I put it on charge and went to bed. Today, it's doing exactly the same thing.

I am running OS 5.0.0.841 for Vodafone UK. I haven't installed any new apps at all in months; the only apps on there are Quickpull, Facebook (official app), and Ubersocial.

This is making my Storm unusable; just as bad, it only takes 2 of these random reboots for my 9500's battery to go from fully charged to empty, which means that if I'm out I'll end up carrying a useless lump around instead of a phone.

Is this a common problem with the Storm now? I've had issues with the screen becoming unresponsive until a battery pull is performed a couple of times but other than abysmal battery life (especially when using my phone as a phone. Ironic, really) I haven't had any major issues with it since I bought it in 2009.
    Last edited by StudioDraven; 07-21-11 at 09:16 AM.
    07-21-11 08:50 AM
    Had that problem with my S2 & it turned out to be a loose battery door that didn't hold the battery in tightly. Solution was double thickness of my business card taped inside door & problem solved. Also you can search CB to see what others have done. Hope that helps. First time it happened to me I was in a blizzard & needed to call for help! Not good, but easy fix.
    07-21-11 09:35 AM
    I had exactly the same problem with my storm ended up with a lot of paper wedging the baterry in lol
    07-23-11 03:20 PM
    It is possible that the battery is starting to go bad. it should not discharge that much with a couple of reboots. How old is the battery? If it is 1 1/2 to 2 years old it may need to be replaced.
    07-23-11 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD