Okay, here's some backstory.

I got my Storm to use with my Radioshack Employee Plan. Right now I only have a prepaid sim that I was using with my Jack, so I don't expect data services to work because I don't have a Blackberry Data service active on the prepaid service.

I flashed the Storm with the latest firmware, then unlocked it, then followed the steps in the ATT post to make this phone work properly with ATT. Here are the steps I followed:

1) Used DM to backup my device
    2) Used Cracklib (I think is what it's called) to remove the Browser Daemon
    3) Rebooted
    4) Used DM to transfer the attached ATT Service Books
    5) Reuploaded the Browser Daemon
    6) Rebooted
    7) Changed the WAP settings to wap.cingular, [email protected], and CINGULAR1
    8) Rebooted
    9) Started using like normal

I noticed if it idles for any period of time, this white screen will pop up with really tiny text (just did it while I was typing) and the device reboots. I looked at the logs in that crack program and couldn't see any kind of errors. I ran the diagnostic tool and everything comes back with an Abort. I reflashed, redid the steps above, and the only thing I noticed was as long as I don't transfer the service books for ATT, it doesn't do it.

Has anyone come across this? Is it because I'm using my prepaid sim? Could ATT be trying to push something to the phone that the phone is rejecting?

I'm not worried about email or anything yet. I'm just worried about it randomly rebooting like it does.
    01-26-10 11:00 AM
    If it helps any, I took out the ATT sim card and the microsd card, let it sit for a while, and it never once rebooted. Can't get it to register on Verizon for some reason (I go to advanced > host routing tables > register and it says it sent the message, but the thing never populates), but it's not rebooting. I just put the SIM card back in, so I'll let you know how it goes.
    01-26-10 11:47 AM
    I put the SIM back in and left the MicroSD card out, and for whatever reason, it appears that the SD card was making th device reboot. I don't know why. I do recall, however, that if I ever tried to pull up photos on the phone, it would display like the first three and then stop, then lock up, then reboot. So I guess it makes some sense.
    01-26-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD