there is sometimes a random icon in my upper left hand corner of me blackberry storm that looks like a rectangle with 2 triangles above it. one triangle smaller then the other. what does it mean. it does not say it in the instruction book. also when i hold down the bbmenu button i see the 5 running apps and then the app center icon which is not open and i cannot close it. does not go away when restarting or battery pull. also there is an icon in the book that says 3G. although i read that the 1xEV is equivalent to 3G speeds...anyone care to clarify?
    12-23-08 09:34 PM
    there is sometimes a random icon in my upper left hand corner of me blackberry storm that looks like a rectangle with 2 triangles above it. one triangle smaller then the other. what does it mean. it does not say it in the instruction book. also when i hold down the bbmenu button i see the 5 running apps and then the app center icon which is not open and i cannot close it. does not go away when restarting or battery pull. also there is an icon in the book that says 3G. although i read that the 1xEV is equivalent to 3G speeds...anyone care to clarify?
    The small box is the internet connection icon.
    The 5 apps that constantly run are the BB core apps. You can't stop them.
    Home Screen, Phone, Messages, BB Messenger, Browser
    12-23-08 09:36 PM
    i don't wish to stop the core apps. but if i open the app center application i have 7 icons, the 5 basic core apps and the real app center icon and one that doesn't do anything but just sits there.
    12-23-08 09:40 PM
    I've got an icon I can't figure out - it looks like the the browser icon but it is tiny, at the center/top & has a 1 in front. What the heck is that?
    12-23-08 10:06 PM
    i don't wish to stop the core apps. but if i open the app center application i have 7 icons, the 5 basic core apps and the real app center icon and one that doesn't do anything but just sits there.
    I used to have that problem.
    7 apps running, and couldn't close them.
    now the extra 2 are gone and only have the basic 5.
    weird...
    Last edited by kiltro; 12-23-08 at 10:50 PM.
    12-23-08 10:46 PM
    I've got an icon I can't figure out - it looks like the the browser icon but it is tiny, at the center/top & has a 1 in front. What the heck is that?
    doesn't ring a bell.
    take a picture so we can have an idea and try to help you.

or use the application "capture it" to take a screen shot. you can find it herehttp://www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad
    12-23-08 10:49 PM
    I used to have that problem.
    7 apps running, and couldn't close them.
    now the extra 2 are gone and only have the basic 5.
    weird...
    im thinking it has something to do with when i plugged it into my computer it updated the core applications to 4.7 something i have no idea really i may be way off. but it didn't happen until then. i guess its not hurting anything..it will just **** me off until its gone.
    12-23-08 10:56 PM
    update: uncheck auto updates in app center and do battery pull

problem solved.
    12-24-08 12:17 AM
    doesn't ring a bell.
    take a picture so we can have an idea and try to help you.

Ok, I've attached a captureit image here.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    12-24-08 09:44 AM
    bump for further consideration
    12-24-08 12:51 PM
    I believe that signifies that you have an email from one of your "external" email accounts. I think it does that if you have your email boxes seperate. It matches the folder below with the same icon on it....

Still a newbie with the phone, so, I could be wrong.

Mark
    12-24-08 01:39 PM
    Ok, I've attached a captureit image here.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    It's a browser message from a push service
    12-24-08 01:45 PM
    It's a browser message from a push service
    Turns out it was a browser push message. I searched my entire messages folder and there it was towards the bottom.

Thanks for the help, that was driving me crazy.
    12-24-08 02:23 PM
    I, too, have seen that funny rectangle with the two icons. It seems to occur when I'm accessing my media card.

Where can we find out all the meaning of all the icons that appear on our home screen? I've looked through the forum and through my user guide without success.
    12-24-08 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD