I realize this is not the first reboot thread, and it wont be the last. Seriously though, missing client calls because your phone crashed and came back up with no wireless is embarrassing and unacceptable. I have no idea why this occurs but am wondering if the network is triggering the crash since it can occur with no user interaction and no 3rd party apps.

I am not having issues which is bizarre because 2 of my colleagues are getting several reboots per day. This is with both .75 and .76. I made sure they only had the default BB stuff running in background. Early adopter or not this is a big problem.
    12-16-08 07:34 PM
    Hmm I would do a wipe of your phone and reinstall the OS. I never get these random reboots people speak of.
    12-16-08 07:35 PM
    Did that and still persists. We are running BES and Encryption
    12-16-08 07:45 PM
    Hmm I would do a wipe of your phone and reinstall the OS. I never get these random reboots people speak of.
    Could you post a link or reference of some kind of how to do this? I was able to find the upgrade OS Blackberry 101 here on crackberry, but that doesn't cover a wipe and reinstall. I've seen several people posting that a wipe and install is the way to go I just wanna make sure I don't botch it.

(btw, I'm also having random reboots, but they are infrequent though I almost missed an important call because of it.)
    12-16-08 07:49 PM
    i just got my new storm replacement but new retail one yesterday. but ever since then, it has been rebooting itself . iwth my old one, it NEVER rebooted. =/
    12-17-08 12:10 AM
    Mine has only rebooted twice, and both times were when sitting on the passenger seat in my car. It's odd, but I think it may be a loose battery or something weird w/ the accelerometer.
    12-17-08 12:57 AM
    rim really should have fixed this in .75. what are they doing?!
    12-17-08 12:59 AM
    mine has rebooted 3 times, but each time i was doing something. would a program like weatherbug run in the backround without being considered opened? due to an updating icon?
    12-17-08 01:24 AM
    ive never had any reboots or crashes....maybe ......id hate to say it........

user error?
    12-17-08 01:26 AM
    Mine is on .75. Have had it since Nov 21. It reboots every few days.

Have had to reinstall OS and Apps one time since upgrading to .75 but I think it was an issue with weatherbug updates as after one of the many weatherbug updates I started getting errors on boot.

Also had to reinstall data and apps today but not the OS. For some reason it just cleared abunch of stuff of on its own while attached to my PC and desktop manager was up. Lost contacts and bookmaks and icon arrangement and locations but all the apps were still there. ALso lost password, owner data and the like.

Bugy stuff. But anyways a re-image did not help any of the issues go away.
    12-17-08 01:30 AM
    If you notice that your wireless is suddenly off then it probably crashed and rebooted.
    12-17-08 06:04 AM

I had the same problem as the OP and the wipe and reinstall did nothing.

To the OP:
    Get a new phone. Try another Storm, or take it back and wait for the phone to be more reliable after more software releases... I just took my Storm back last night.
    12-17-08 07:16 AM
    After the crash, bring up the event log to see what caused the crash.

To do this, show keyboard in landscape and hit ALT L ALT G ALT L ALT G. (ALT is !?123 on the storm)
    (keep in mind when you hit !?123 you have to remember where the L and G keys would normally be.

Look for a capital W on the far left. This denotes a warning log. Note the time is around the time of your reset.

I figured out my crashes have been caused by themereader but I don't know what to do with this info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 09:22 AM
    Bump.. anyone know how to fix themereader?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 02:38 PM
    I also get random restarts about 3x per week. All else works well on the upgraded .75 OS so I am nervous to ask for a replacement........should I dare?????

Update - 12_18_08 at 3:55 PM -- I stopped into the Verizon Corp Store today and the tech had "never heard of anyone complaining about reboots". He didn't have any in stock, of course, so he called customer service for me and a new one is already on the Fed Ex truck for delivery on Monday AM. I do like the model I have now so I am going to see if the new one they send is any good and then i'll decide. I also got them to extend my 30 day "worry free guarantee" through the end of December so I could decide if I get a good unit.
    Last edited by GrapeChic; 12-18-08 at 02:56 PM. Reason: update........going for a replacement.......
    12-17-08 05:18 PM
    Mine seems to be

W net.rim.calendar.ota

Sounds like something with syncing with the caendar?

Any idea why this would cause a reboot?
    12-18-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD