I've had my storm for a little over a month. I purchased a lether case from crackberry with the magnet which puts the phone in sleep mode. This greatly extended my battery life.
    Now over the past week I've had three days where I started on a full charge and by noon its almost dead. Each time this has happened the phone also felt warmer than usual. Could I be doing something strange like leaving certain apps running without even knowing? Could my case be leaning on the screen? It's always in my pocket and in the leather pouch which has been great at keeping my battery fresh.
    Also, it wasn't three days in a row it was Sun, Mon, and Wednesday. Tuesday was nop problem, even with moderate use, I used only two bars by night time.
    01-21-09 11:36 AM
    If you click and hold the BB button it will show you how many apps are running, you are going to want to make sure you close all the apps when you are done using them.. I'm not sure that even with several apps running that the battery should drain that fast. I've had my Storm for about a month so I'm not sure..
    01-21-09 11:58 AM
    I've had this problem too, only I don't have the leather case but I can charge my phone all night and an hour after I leave the house it's almost drained. The screen also lights up randomly by itself without being touched. Anyone know how I can stop this? It's a drag having to plug in everywhere I go.
    01-21-09 12:17 PM
    Could be a bad battery. A lot of people posted here about similar problems. If you aren't keeping apps that drain the battery running than you should go to the Verizon store and get it replaced.
    01-21-09 12:20 PM
    Thanks. I'll keep a tab on what's running. Right now it's just the 4 or 5 like browser, phone, BBmessenger, Googletalk, and homescreen.

I have a feeling it is something I'm leaving on in the background. Maybe I'm pressing my convenience buttons accidently. I have caught my camera running.
    01-21-09 02:16 PM
    It's Googletalk. YouTube will do it, too (under certain circumstances).
    01-21-09 02:41 PM
    I had the same issue but one crucial thing I've discovered is if you are in an area that doesn't get good svc, the phone puts WAY too much effort into looking for svc. That's what's been draining my battery it seems. Now, if I know I'm in a bad area, I just turn the data connection off and my battery doesn't drain at all. So chk to see if it is constantly searching for a signal...
    01-21-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD