my phone will not allow me to download a file larger than 2.9MB is there anyway to raise this?
    12-02-09 03:21 PM
    Where are you trying to download from? Are you using the BB browser?
    12-02-09 03:27 PM
    it is a video someone sent to me in an email. it will not allow me to download it bc the file is larger than 2.9MB
    12-02-09 03:32 PM
    Use your browser to log in to your email and download it from there.
    12-02-09 03:47 PM
    The BB is designed to not allow you to download large files like that. Larger files from the Internet are not downloadable from the BB Browser either. I guess it's RIM's way of CYA so that they don't get pegged with data overage charges from different carriers.

There was a hack a little while ago (a few months back at around the time ~5.0.0.119 came out) that had you replace a couple browser modules with some programmer's "special" and "customized" modules. After that and a few tweaks you were supposed to be able to download anything and everything. I wouldn't suggest this route since this "module" could, more or less, be anything and do anything to your device.

When I realized that this required me to swap trusted files with some stranger's files I lost interest in this. If you're still interested, proceed at your own risk. There was a blog post about it, so I would go to the main page (the CrackBerry Blog) and skip twenty-something pages until you find the post about the 9530 5.0.0.119 leak. It happened immediately after that.

I can also get you a link if you want, but that would take some time.
    12-02-09 06:45 PM
    i didnt knoww that before.. - -*
    12-02-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD