I want to start by saying I did a search first. Is there a way to stop the storm from turning off radios when the battery gets low?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 02:52 PM
    Nope!

12-26-08 02:54 PM
    No, there is not. You have to go to the "Manage Connections" icon and turn it back on...
    12-26-08 02:54 PM
    No, there is not. You have to go to the "Manage Connections" icon and turn it back on...
    Its won't let you when the battery gets low.

12-26-08 02:59 PM
    Removing the battery while the device is ON, waiting a minute and re-inserting the battery will help sometimes too. Do not let your BB battery run all the way down. BB's prefer to be "Topped Off"...
    12-26-08 03:01 PM
    All BB's turn off the radio when the battery is too low. That's just the way they are and there's no changing it. You'll have to charge it back up then turn it back on via Manage Connections.
    12-26-08 03:25 PM
    Removing the battery while the device is ON, waiting a minute and re-inserting the battery will help sometimes too. Do not let your BB battery run all the way down. BB's prefer to be "Topped Off"...
    I seldomly do. It just happened. I charge it up whenever I can.

12-26-08 03:35 PM
    So what happens when ur stranded in the middle of nowhere with a low battery.....yikes lol

12-26-08 04:28 PM
    Not to steal your thread but, My friggen radio turns off all the time usually in the middle of the night and I cant figure it out why. My battery is full when I look at my phone and have to turn the radio back on. This is dangerous, I have a phone for when my kids and wife have an emergency, but if the radio keeps going off, the darn thing is worthless.
    12-26-08 05:21 PM
    The way to fix this is to charge the battery. It's the only way. They had to make a decision and they could either just let the whoe phone die and just fizzle out or, they could manage the situation and degrade gracefully. I think that RIM got this right even though it was a surprise when it bit me first time around.
    12-26-08 05:25 PM
    Likewise Pete, i remember the first time it happened to me. I was like what is this radio stuff.....hahaha
    12-26-08 05:28 PM
    The way to fix this is to charge the battery. It's the only way. They had to make a decision and they could either just let the whoe phone die and just fizzle out or, they could manage the situation and degrade gracefully. I think that RIM got this right even though it was a surprise when it bit me first time around.
    What's the point though....if the radio is of what can the phone be use for beside telling time?
    12-26-08 05:41 PM
    alot of people use the phone for more than just a phone. it is basically used as a hand held computer/PDA with all of their appointments, directions, emails, etc all that kinda stuff.
    12-26-08 05:51 PM
    The radio turns off at 5%, how much of a call do you think you can make with that? Also, you can turn it back on at 10%, which is usually a 5-10 minute charge.

12-26-08 05:55 PM
    The radio turns off at 5%, how much of a call do you think you can make with that? Also, you can turn it back on at 10%, which is usually a 5-10 minute charge.

Indeed, not much of a call at all. Just charge your BB up when it gives you the low batt signal OP. Otherwise, bad times for a moment or so while your BB gets enough charge so it works again. As Civic pointed out, it does not take that long to get back to that point; however, do you really want to be without your BB for even a second?
    12-26-08 06:48 PM
    REPLY TO: DSUMP

Check to see if it is going into bedside mode. Within bedside mode there is an option to disable your radio while in active.

You can also program your BB to turn on off by itself.

My wife was playing with my phone and accidentally turn this option on. I couldn't figure out why I kept waking up to my phone turned off.
    12-26-08 08:16 PM
    You can also program your BB to turn on off by itself.

My wife was playing with my phone and accidentally turn this option on. I couldn't figure out why I kept waking up to my phone turned off.
    This feature isn't terribly reliable either. All the way up to .83, it's a crapshoot whether or not it will turn back on when it's supposed to. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.
    12-26-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD