is there a way to turn my radio on when the battery gets low? it sucks being stuck somewhere with a phoen that is on but incapable of texting and calls
    01-03-09 12:31 AM
    Umm if you shut the radio off, how you gonna get txt's and phone calls? lol.....

Radio isn't like a music radio.. Radio is the "cell service"
    01-03-09 12:33 AM
    Nope, reaches that point (usually arnd 5%) where it says radio is disabled and your SOL.

Historically, some of the beta OS' allowed you to go right to 0% without disabling the radio but with the Storm I'm not sure any did that yet.
    01-03-09 12:33 AM
    Umm if you shut the radio off, how you gonna get txt's and phone calls? lol.....

Radio isn't like a music radio.. Radio is the "cell service"
    The OP was asking once it turns off...can u turn it back on...
    01-03-09 12:37 AM
    The only way you can enable the radio is to charge the phone. So, my suggestion would be to never let the battery get too low, or buy some kind of compact travel charger you can carry with you at all times. Maybe buy a second battery you can keep with you.

It might be a good idea for future OS updates to allow you to set a warning when your battery reaches some level you can define. It would also be an option for a 3rd party developer. That way you can be sure to shut the phone off to preserve battery power in case you need to make an emergency call.

BTW, this has been discussed numerous times, so if you want a more detailed explanation of WHY you can't enable the radio after the battery reaches a certain level, do a search.
    01-03-09 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD