Well guys, I thought I had the long lasting Storm. She finally broke down since I got her in February. The headset speaker somehow blew on me leaving me with the crackle crackle. It was a good phone and it treated me well. I wanted to keep her, but I couldn't find a OEM headset speaker. I did get a brand-spanking refurbished out of the crusty brown box. It looks brand new though still having all the plastic on it. So far so good. I hope No. 2 keeps me as a happy as my 1st love. R.I.P, she was so young.

08-23-09 08:51 PM
    Got mine in December. Hope the new one treats you well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 09:05 PM
    Rather it happen in the year than after the waranty period!
    08-23-09 09:07 PM
    I thought the ones in the brown boxes were new units minus the accessories? Sucks about the old one though...my November 21st Storm is still kick'n (knock on wood!).

08-23-09 10:07 PM
    I thought the ones in the brown boxes were new units minus the accessories? Sucks about the old one though...my November 21st Storm is still kick'n (knock on wood!).

Same here ....
    08-23-09 10:35 PM
    I'm praying my original storm never gives out on me.

08-23-09 11:01 PM
    Mine started giving out (launch Storm) but in the screen button area. Started sticking alot (texting became a pain) and when in pocket and then taken out, it would stay stuck down until I tapped on it pretty hard to get it unstuck.

It did feel weird getting it swapped though. Poor thing had been through so much before I got the "new" one.
    08-24-09 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD