When u call for a replacement do u get to keep your old phone? I see posts in here of ppl getting to keep them but I just don't see how you can get a brand new one without sending it in. Can anyone clarify for me plz. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 05:20 PM
    you get to keep it untill the new one arrives, that way your never without a phone. once you get the new one, you have 10 days to return it i belive.
    12-26-08 05:40 PM
    O. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

12-26-08 05:49 PM
    I was told 30 days today by a Verizon rep but 10 makes a lot more sense in terms of returning the old unit.

They WILL charge you $200 temporarily in order to make this transaction since they are sending out a 2nd phone.

Upon returning a unit, they will credit you back $200.
    12-26-08 05:51 PM
    I was told 30 days today by a Verizon rep but 10 makes a lot more sense in terms of returning the old unit.

They WILL charge you $200 temporarily in order to make this transaction since they are sending out a 2nd phone.

Upon returning a unit, they will credit you back $200.
    hmm...ok so this is what i am VERY worried/concerned about.

my regular bill is around $176, but with my unlimited internet and whatnot, itll come out to be id say around $220 with tax and everything. so the i recently got my brand new storm REPLACEMENT that i had ordered because of my old storm screen being stuck. umm, id read on here AND have been witnessed that verizon had put down a $500 deposit onto my account, or they charged me $500 dollars. so my bill was about $750 i believe, then just recently, yesterday, i checked and its DOWN to $532. was that the "$200" you were talking about? like did they ONLY charged me $200 dollars OR did they charge me $500? i would only think that $500 they charged me would be understandable because if you add the $500 to my ORIGINAL billing price, $220, it ONLY makes sense. but i just want to know because i dont know what to say when i talk to a representative tomorrow morning on the phone. please help me out thanks guys!
    12-27-08 05:57 AM
    I had to get a replacement unit early this month and my bill didn't change. The only I could see them charging me would be if I did not return the old storm but if I were you michaelnguyenx3, honestly I would tell verizon basically the same thing you said in the post, they would have to explain to me the charge or take it off, believe me there have been charges on my bill that I did not understand and if the verizon rep could not explain it they have taken it off.

12-27-08 06:10 AM
    ^thanks for the advice. and i WAS talking to a representative and they were talking to me UNTIL MY PHONE FCUKEN FROZE!!!

WTFF. im getting more irritated with the storm now guys...augh. -_-
    12-27-08 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD