Hey,

I'm a newbie to the site and just have a quick question that I'm sure a more experience BB user can answer no sweat....well hopefully..

What is going on with the time settings, specifically in regards to SMS texts? Whenever I get a text, it shows on my list of texts as the correct time (central time just like my phone setting), but whenever I open it to reply or anything it always shows as eastern time (an hour ahead).

I have my phones timezone setting set as central timezone and the source is blackberry time. I have tried updating time but it does not help..

Any ideas from anybody? I tried to do a quick serch of the forums but it wasn't much help...If there is an answer I'm sure it's simple an I apologize
    01-07-09 08:04 PM
    Is your area code from a different time zone?
    Example...my area code is from South Dakota, I live in Washington. My phone setting is Pacific Time, but all my texts will show Central Time.
    01-07-09 08:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply,

Yes my area code is in the eastern time zone, but I live in central...I guess I should have clarified.

I figured there has to be a way for the messages to just "synch up" with your phones current time zone...seems kind of ridiculous if it can't.

Have you found any solutions?
    01-07-09 08:19 PM
    Nope. I have called Verizon to ask them, they said it's just automatically synched to the default time zone of the area code.
    Sorry. It bugs me too.
    01-07-09 08:22 PM
    wow that is pretty annoying...oh well..thanks for your time
    01-07-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD