I ordered my storm on the 22nd. And i called today about the status. The rep told me my order was processed and pending shipment. Now the question is if and when anyone found out this same info about how long did it take them ship and for u to receive the tracking number notification?

Edit: Also another question i kno ill be receiving my storm from the texas warehouse. Anyone receiving there storm from the northeastern texas warehouse soon?
    Last edited by Yoohramazing; 11-30-08 at 10:04 PM.
    11-30-08 09:31 PM
    That is the million dollar question, some got them in a matter of hour some are still waiting. there dosen't seem to be a hard and fast answer... The only one that VZW will stand by seem to be, if you ordered on or after 11/22 up to 11/24 then your device will be shipped by 12/8.

I'm in the same boat... sorry
    11-30-08 09:43 PM
    I just ordered mine today at a VZW store and they told me mines won't even ship before the 15th. YIKES!

*Chicago*
    11-30-08 10:23 PM
    Yoohramazing -- There is no Texas warehouse. The closest Verizon warehouse to Texas is Memphis.
    11-30-08 10:25 PM
    I just ordered mine today at a VZW store and they told me mines won't even ship before the 15th. YIKES!

*Chicago*
    oh man i hope they were wrong. i ordered mine today as well from a store and they told me it would ship before the 15th if not sooner. if something were to happen that it ships later ill be screwed because ill be home for christmas break and wont be able to get it. unless i can pick it up from fedex
    11-30-08 10:27 PM
    Yoohramazing -- There is no Texas warehouse. The closest Verizon warehouse to Texas is Memphis.
    Wow really? When i called today, the sales rep asked for the location number i was emailed and she said that my order would be coming from the north eastern texas warehouse. Well this really blows. =(
    11-30-08 10:52 PM
    There really doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to a lot of this. My phone apparently shipped on the 26th, and I still don't have so much as an order confirmation email. I had to call CS to get the tracking number which was a pleasant surprise. I was giving them one last chance to have shipped it before I started looking for local sources getting a stock replenish.

I'm sure orders are being processed in the order they're received as that particular distribution center gets more stock, but as far as getting any kind of communication from VZ about it... Well, that just seems to be luck of the draw. I know they have my correct email address, since they managed to send me an alert about my bill, and I'm pretty sure I got tracking numbers when I upgraded to a family plan a few months back and ordered a couple extra phones. Email address hasn't changed since then, so either VZ's system is screwed up or the messages are lodged in some email server buckling under the load of spam flowing through it.

Verizon deserves to take a few lumps over the communication breakdown that has been going on since launch day. CS reps don't seem to have any more of a clue than we do what's going on, and a lot of us are just left hanging with absolutely no idea what is going on. I don't blame them, I blame Verizon for not informing/training them properly.

But who cares where it's coming from, you'll still get at least 2nd day shipping. So whether it's coming from some warehouse in Alaska or one less than 100 miles away, it should get there at the same time.
    11-30-08 11:25 PM
    Yep shipping seems to be the luck of the draw for whats out there. Called customer service and they gave the 8th for shipping on mine. I think they are really not sure one way or the other when my order will ship.

I hope they are just be careful and giving farther out dates then they really expect. I would like mine this week. Start crossing you fingers.
    12-01-08 12:40 AM
    as long as i get mine before the 19th when i leave for christmas break ill be a happy camper.
    12-01-08 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD