Is there a time limit on getting a replacement, I mean can I wait 3 months and then complain of the issue. I figure what is the sense of getting a new phone if the issues are still not corrected.

Is it better to go to a verizon store or call for a replacement ?

Thanks

Surprised to hear all these issues.
    12-11-08 08:01 PM
    You have a one year warranty on the device. You could go to the store or call in for a replacement. It's probably all the same because I would be surprised if the store has any available so one would have to be ordered for you. Guess it really depends on whether or not you have time to go to the store and place the order or if you would prefer to do so from the comfort of your own home.
    12-11-08 08:05 PM
    I was just told tonight by a CS agent that you will definitely get a new one in the first month, but after that, it may be a refurb (which in general are as good as new because they are fixed up)
    12-11-08 08:10 PM
    thanks for a quick reply.\

My screen does not click in the corners that well, but it does respond to the clicking its just not the same as the middle of the screen.

I am going to do the screw trick. any suggestions ? do you need to hold the screen in while you lossen the screws ?

I also read the some people have to tighten the screws instead of loosining

Have the torx # 6 just want to read up a littlebefore I disect the device.

Who would have thought RIM would release a product like this.

OH well here we go again another phone another nightmare....
    12-11-08 08:15 PM
    I may be a BB newbie, but I have 25 years experience in IT and have had cell phones since the bag phone. I would definitely try the screw tweak especially if it seems to be the only problem you are having (other than software). Be gentle and careful. I'd place the phone face down on a table (on a microfiber cloth or soft t-shirt). The screws should turn quite easily. Back them off 1/4 turn, reassemble and try it. Adjust further if needed but I personally would no go out more than one to 1 1/4 max.

Then, if it doesn't work, I'd give it a little while (couple of months) before getting a replacement. This will give RIM time to work out the bugs and change their manufacturing process, time for slow down from the rush and get past the holiday season too.

IF you have other problems that you can't live with for a while, then you certainly have the right to ask for a replacement now.

Good Luck!
    12-11-08 08:34 PM
    Thanks

Is there a way set the scroll to roll further than when you stop?

A friend has an I phone and when he scrolls it continues for a line or two then stops.

Is this an option ?
    12-11-08 09:10 PM
    So how easy is it to get a replacement I gotthe same corner issue as stated before and ice had it under a month. Can I get a replacement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 02:43 PM
    And mr raddichi that is not an option what you described is flick scrolling and the storm does not support it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD